ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arm rest fabric

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
The fabric trim on the door card arm rest, where the window switches are, is starting to get quite grubby and look worn. It's a mk3 clio, what's the best thing to do to bring them back to life?

Cheers
Dom

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Don't saturate it with apc!

I'd mist it with a dilution of apc, let it soak, agitate it slightly with a soft nail brush, a microfibre will do if you don't have a nail brush and then pat it dry.

What @Knuckles said is sound advise, another good way of cleaning up interior fabric is to make up a little APC mix in a bucket with warm water, get a standard microfiber (not deep fluffy pile just your bog standard work towel type works best for this) dunk it, wring it out and clean it that way. It works wonders on fabric, plastics and is also a great way of freshening up roof linings too.
James

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give it a shot, I'm guessing APC is the meguires stuff?