ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assetto Corsa modding (PC)

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Anyone Dabbled?

Some amazing mods.

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-31 at 15.22.22.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-05-31 at 17.33.22.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've got like 600 odd cars in my install now. RaceSimStudio do fantastic cars, United Racing Design's WEC cars are good, tonnes of good cars on Racedepartment (particularly, recently released, the Impreza GD by Aphidgod which was created very meticulously from his real impreza, dyno'ing the dampers etc), in terms of tracks I love racing at Le Mans, the Shuto Revival project is pretty good (although due to limitations of Assetto's engine it gets a bit shaky as you get further out towards the edges of the map), there's a good Goodwood FoS on Racedepartment and loads more. I've actually made a few physics modded versions of the C30 on AC in order to simulate my car as well.

Some of the racesimstudio cars at Goodwood:

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
FOS HC is a great mod.

VR Cockpit on WRX mod

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That's a shame. I do get car sick if I read so there's every possibility I wouldn't get on with one, but we'll see.
Index might be better because of the higher refresh, if you can drive it. That’s my plan when Valve come to terms with the fact they’ve priced themselves out of the market.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
I’ll have a look tonight or can send. Might be Racedepartment. Couple of them are paid ones. The 22b is a work of art, better than what most studios can put together

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
These pics are awesome guys.

I also get motion sickness from a VR headset, my head can’t get around the lack of movement of that makes sense? Felt really ill the last time i tried my friends. It’s so immersive though, it’s amazing, I ended up driving around at about 20mph but really enjoyed it lol.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Recently treated myself to a decent gaming PC, is there a decent pc following on CS?
Defo need to try AC

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Recently treated myself to a decent gaming PC, is there a decent pc following on CS?
Defo need to try AC
Yeah - as @McGherkin says - there are plenty of us on here.

If you ignore the likes of iRacing, there really are three main contenders for racing games on the PC right now. Project Cars 2 is a good balance between serious driving and arcade feedback. It’s instantly playable out of the box too.

Assetto Corsa is a toolbox. The front-end is a bit clunky and simple things like setting up a multiplayer game is more convoluted - but there are literally hundreds (if not thousands?) of mods for it out there.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is (imo) the current daddy of PC-based racing games. It has little to no mods at all that I’m aware of. Focuses on a specific type of racing and from that, a limited number of car choices and circuits. But that focused approach means that the content it does have is superb. The fidelity of the cockpits, to feedback of the cars and the crowning glory - the audio - means it comfortably sits on top of the pile for now.

There’s a ClioSport Steam group that you can join too. 😎

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
When the new hardware eventually arrives I shall check it out, fortunately my old xbox wheel is compatible.
I've played project cars 2 on xbox briefly and was impressed by the experience, so should be decent on PC.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeah - as @McGherkin says - there are plenty of us on here.

If you ignore the likes of iRacing, there really are three main contenders for racing games on the PC right now. Project Cars 2 is a good balance between serious driving and arcade feedback. It’s instantly playable out of the box too.

Assetto Corsa is a toolbox. The front-end is a bit clunky and simple things like setting up a multiplayer game is more convoluted - but there are literally hundreds (if not thousands?) of mods for it out there.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is (imo) the current daddy of PC-based racing games. It has little to no mods at all that I’m aware of. Focuses on a specific type of racing and from that, a limited number of car choices and circuits. But that focused approach means that the content it does have is superb. The fidelity of the cockpits, to feedback of the cars and the crowning glory - the audio - means it comfortably sits on top of the pile for now.

There’s a ClioSport Steam group that you can join too. 😎
Solid recommendation, already got 6hrs on AC comp, class!

jassa

ClioSport Club Member
My brother in law recommended AC to me at the weekend, so I downloaded it to practice a couple of circuits before doing trackdays on them.

Quite impressed with it so far, and all I've done is drive round and round Brands Hatch and Cadwell.

Are any of you using a Logitech G920? Did you have to play around with the settings?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My brother in law recommended AC to me at the weekend, so I downloaded it to practice a couple of circuits before doing trackdays on them.

Quite impressed with it so far, and all I've done is drive round and round Brands Hatch and Cadwell.

Are any of you using a Logitech G920? Did you have to play around with the settings?
I’ve got a G920 and have played about with the settings slightly in AC. It felt a little too slow for me personally and I increased the sensitivity a little.

I don’t know what they’ve done with ACC though. I’ve fired that up from a fresh install and it suits me perfectly. I literally remap a couple of buttons for the headlights and stuff and that’s it.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Yeah the G920 seems perfect pretty much out the box.
Still got ACC on rookie so not had to worry about lights and wipers yet.
Sometimes you've got to put in a lot of steering for hairpins so maybe i'll up the sensitivity down the line.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the G920 seems perfect pretty much out the box.
Still got ACC on rookie so not had to worry about lights and wipers yet.
Sometimes you've got to put in a lot of steering for hairpins so maybe i'll up the sensitivity down the line.
I went straight to Pro settings and it's not that scary a place to be! I've since changed a couple of things, but not much to be seen in the Custom settings.

1593521120671.png

Just watched a few replay sections that I have saved. I still can't get over how bloody good the audio is in this game. Have you 'settled' on a car yet? I like pretty much any of the Porsches in terms of feedback. Not really gelled with the R35 Skyline but bizarrely took to the Bentley GT tank very easily.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently using my xbox with PC2 and my wheel rig, but I've got a 1080ti sat in my home PC which seems a waste. (Because the xbox graphics, are, well, terrible.)

Is there a demo of Assetto or something I can try with my pc setup? Some of these shots look beautiful.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
The ultimate edition is currently £7.58 on Steam.

Just buy it. At that price it’s literally impossible that you’ll be disappointed.

Yeah saw that about 7 minutes after I posted, downloaded and installed and with everything on max the 1080ti copes well on the 1080P TV I've got hooked up. I'll have a proper play later.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love my LG B9. B9/C9/E9 or the X version are all probably the best options for gaming, particularly on the incoming 3xxx cards with HDMI 2.1.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah so that's the best £7 I've ever spent.

A lot less plug and play than the xbox setup, but the rewards of much smoother graphics and much better realism were worth it.

Anyone got some goods links on how to start modding? I need to get Evos in the game. :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well for a start you probably want to ditch the original launcher and download Content Manager, then Custom Shaders Patch and Sol.
Racedepartment is usually where I go for mods but there are other places to go to as well.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well for a start you probably want to ditch the original launcher and download Content Manager, then Custom Shaders Patch and Sol.
Racedepartment is usually where I go for mods but there are other places to go to as well.
Do you use the Content Manager Lite or have you got the full version?