ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assigning private reg onto new vehicle

Clio mk3
Hi guys just looking for some advice as I have no clue.
So I've bought a new car and now the new v5 has arrived. I previously had a private reg on my old car and that was put on rentation for £80 before I sold it. Now I want to put it on my new car,do I have to pay a further £80 for it to go on my new car or is that included when put on rentation?

Cheers

BMW 320d SE
I've just done the same thing with my Clio. I paid £105 to put my plate on retention. Just send the retention certificate off to the DVLA, along with your V5C and MOT certificate, and in a couple of weeks you get a new V5C back with the new plate. Just check that your retention certificate has the words, "assignment fee paid" or similar written on it.

If you paid £80 to retain it then it'll be free to assign. Just enclose the V5 of the new car along with MOT certificate.

Also make sure you post it recorded.