ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Assistance Required Please

Clio Campus
Good evening troops, I have been registered for ages but never posted before so I hope this is acceptable. I have a simple problem but it's not to me! My passenger door catch is loose - one of the screws seems completely gone and the other is loose too so I have had to tape it up to shut the door. Can I get some rawplug type bolts or something to get a fixing on the screws or is there something specific to sort this? I'd appreciate any help. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_172140178.jpg
    IMG_20240918_172140178.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 21

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You will be able to remove the rear door card. There is one bolt for the bottom of the front seatbelt that needs to be removed first from memory. You should then be able to see the two bolts for the door catch. Im guessing you should be able to put a nut at the back of the bolt -my guess is its an M6 nut.

Get the rear doorcard off and have a look.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a Mk1 but knowing Renault it’s the same. 😂
Mine had worked loose and fell down inside the rear wing. As @Gus says, get the rear door card off and have a look inside. Even better if you have a magnet on a stick.

If it has indeed vanished in to thin air, just wang some bolts on and use thread lock.