ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AST coilovers with Solip top mounts.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
After being completely messed about I am now on the lookout for some Ast coilovers with solid top mounts.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place to purchase them from?

Or which companies sell them and I'll ring for a price.
Thanks!

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
i think kamracing do them mate

We've been trying to get them for Ben for 4 months.

I got mine from Curtis/Powerstation from a group buy http://www.powerstation.org.uk/.

from Curtis....

Curtis has a set now Ben, its probably the 'missing' set. He has no top mounts though. Its been a ridiculous situation when it was only supposed to initially be a week or so and pisses off customers and us as a supplier. If its going to be 4 months then so be it, everyone needs to know day1.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I am looking for some 3 way suspension for my car , and AST was at the top of my list after looking whats available , but after getting feedback from people who have them , and the timescale on getting them , and repairing them , it put me right off them.

I had an email from Reiger the other day who came back with a fantastic quite , these are as good as they get , so hopefully sort out some loose ends tomorrow and can order them , its about a 4-5 week turnaround to have them made , Reiger are whats on most WRC cars , or have been on them ,

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
no not really when it loses me money and damages both my reputation as a seller and ASTs reputation as a manufacturer. I somewhat have to bit my tongue as I know its a great product.

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
I will give them a ring in the morning.

I saw some on ebay but they didn't sell, I tried to contact the seller but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Could anyone tell me how much a refurb would cost?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Ian, I have just had a complete AST sportline I and solid top mount set up done by Tom at JMS. Hardly any waiting time, and so far very impressed with them.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I need the 3 way set up for the rallying I am looking to do , Was quoted just over £4k from AST with a trade discount offered , still worked out over £3k , but its just the feedback I got that put me off , people braking or bending them and then having to wait ages to get it fixed , I'm not interested in that level of service.

Reiger have come back with a fantastic quote of £2.6k for a full 3 way set , so I'm ordering them

Golf GTD Mk7
I will give them a ring in the morning.

I saw some on ebay but they didn't sell, I tried to contact the seller but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Could anyone tell me how much a refurb would cost?

It's around £100 a corner IIRC mate. He might do you a deal if you send all 4. By the time you get the units, and refurb, it will probably be close to the cost of new ones. Why you not going for the KW V2's? Is this for the ph1? I know Inferno was selling some 182 Cup AST's a month or so back. Get some DS and hubs and buy them (unless he's sold them that is)

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Just sent a front and rear shock out to Holland yesterday so they can measure what they need to in order to make me up my new suspension , should be ready in about 4 weeks , they have sent me a picture of a Lada set up they did recently to give me an idea of what i'll be getting

rieger.jpg

These are the dogs danglies , I had to check a few times that the price was correct !

Cheers Ian

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Dont know yet , the damping will be adjustable , high and low speed compression , and also rebound

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
yes the 3 way stuff is fully adjustable from bumpy to smooth tarmac , On my Impreza , I can adjust it up between Gravel and tarmac spec

simoore

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup rallycar
Hi Ian

That seems far to cheap for Reiger 3 ways, i was quoted £5K for my clio rally car earlier in the year so let me know if they deliver on that price as i would sell my AST 3 ways and buy a set

cheers

Simon

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Hi Ian

That seems far to cheap for Reiger 3 ways, i was quoted £5K for my clio rally car earlier in the year so let me know if they deliver on that price as i would sell my AST 3 ways and buy a set

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon
I thought they seemed cheap , I asked 3 times to check they had given me the right price and they confirmed yes , let me know if your serious and i'll tell them to make 2 sets up
I'm having a kevlar sump and tank guard made by someone local who does fibreglassing , i'll let you know how they turn out in case your interested in these
Cheers Ian