ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ast top mount bearing?

Just started hearing this creaking noise the other day, ruled out its not the rack or the column, found that the n/s spring was really easy to spin round, theres no play or clunking it just seems really loose, could it be the bearing or something else?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Mine done exactly the same to the point I took them off as they where more hassle than they are worth.

Mine seized badly as there is no protection from underneath so the alloy and steel bond and rot.

I managed after weeks to get mine all stripped down after leaving them in a pool of WD40 , Bought new bearings from KAM racing and then lubed everything up top to bottom and then sold them.

Trophy SWR Work 09.JPG
Trophy SWR Work 13.JPG
Trophy SWR Work 08.JPG
Trophy SWR Work 10.JPG

@MarcB Thanks mate, I think I was reading your post on clio trophy last night about this? Thats a bummer though, Ill have another look at them tomorrow, its just my coilovers are slotted and have been aligned, Ive marked the position but I doubt Ill get it exact, then the toe will go out as well! I wish there was just a fixed max castor top mount, Ill never adjust the asts differently, theres -3deg of camber available without the top mounts..

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
@MarcB Thanks mate, I think I was reading your post on clio trophy last night about this? Thats a bummer though, Ill have another look at them tomorrow, its just my coilovers are slotted and have been aligned, Ive marked the position but I doubt Ill get it exact, then the toe will go out as well! I wish there was just a fixed max castor top mount, Ill never adjust the asts differently, theres -3deg of camber available without the top mounts..
Pure make a nice topmount set....but needs serious commitment as it needs cutting and shutting the Original!

Clio 182 Trophy
Anyone got any advice with regards to fitting the AST top mounts? I've got a set of 5100 coilpvers on and I've just bought the top mounts to match but not sure how the best way to fit them is with the bolts being off centre

Cheers,
Steve