ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aston Martin Vulcan

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm.

I always thought of an Aston as being the Gentleman's GT car. Comfortable, subtle and luxurious, yet powerful enough to get to the South of France in 6 hours and do a track day or two. My undying memory is of an Aston DB9 rocking up to a hillclimb, driving around the pits whilst on the handsfree to god knows who and wafting up the hill at a semi committed pace.

An Aston Martin spitting flames and sporting a big rear wing.... Just not cricket, is it?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Hmm.

I always thought of an Aston as being the Gentleman's GT car. Comfortable, subtle and luxurious, yet powerful enough to get to the South of France in 6 hours and do a track day or two. My undying memory is of an Aston DB9 rocking up to a hillclimb, driving around the pits whilst on the handsfree to god knows who and wafting up the hill at a semi committed pace.

An Aston Martin spitting flames and sporting a big rear wing.... Just not cricket, is it?

Its been done, back in the day when you was just a twinkle in ya mothers eye.

ADSC_4249.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely. But that's a full blown racecar. The DBR9 was a great looking thing in Gulf colours too.

8-aston-martin-dbr9-gulf.jpg

But this is a road car we're talking about. Different kettle of fish.

My opinion of course. I felt the One-77 was a bit too much as well.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely won't be a road car looking at that!

Quite annoyed. The OH will be at Geneva but only during set up week, and I'm working during the main event :|

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely won't be a road car looking at that!

I've just done some reading up and it seems it's going to be an FXX type of deal. I did read somewhere that it was their most extreme road car but that looks to be wrong.

Makes it much more acceptable to be lairy then. Bring it.