ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Attempted car jacking or just general nuisance..?

Shhh
Driving home last night down the a19 towards york (not the a19 going to the a1, but going into york). I get to a village called Esklington or something with 2 roundabouts going past the village and a sort of dual carriageway. Im in the Clio 182, and have to stop behind a 4x4 on the roundabout as a M reg BMW M3 is flying round the roundabout back on itself. We think nothing more of it, and carry on as usual, until about 1/2 mile later when a horse truck/van is doing 40mph in a 60mph limit.

I overtake a few cars as im on the break front the roundabout and overtake the BMW, a Van and another car. I get past the Van and the roads are clear so i press on as usual... exceeding the 60mph limit. I get up too about 100mph when the BMW catches me, being a sensible driver i guess he wants to overtake me and press on as its a wide open straight road. I pull over, indicate and dip my main beam so he can see.

The driver got past me, then immediately slowed to 60mph in a sharp second, followed by the next 30-40 secs in reducing the speed to 35 ish mph. I then drop back from the car as i can see that thier is 3 youths in the car, im miles from anywhere and dont know my way off any side roads, the map is in the boot so im sort of stuck. The doors were locked and i was not ready for action. I pull off the road, and turn me lights onto sidelight, the M3 then see's ive pulled off and pulls off the road further ahead....and starts to reverse into a layby. The 4x4 ive overtook now has overtook the truck thingy and is coming up to me so i sneek out behind it, until i get near the BMW. At this time i can see the BMW is ready to pull out after me, so i nailed the car.

There was nothing i could do but nail the damn clio, i probably reached 12x10 mph on this poor a road, and shot into a 30 speed limit doing about 60mph. I managed to throw the car into a cul-de-sac and turn the light off and kill the engine. (remembering that if you turn the light off with the engine running they come back on, damn renault). The BMW shot past, and i hid out for 10-15mins whilst ringing the police to let them know what happened..

Sort of scary when you think that if stopped anything could of happened...luckily i knew the clio, and managed to handle it well. I was about 9mile from York, and maybe a Clio 182 with one person in could outrun a M3 with 3 people in, tho its not a nice experience..

What you think it was, 3 people having a buzz...if so watch out for a Purple M reg M3 coupe around York, Hardtop...did not get the Reg, was too busy looking at the road ahead.

Alias

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Sounds like they were just winding you up to me, people in bmw's dont like to be overtaken by clio's lol!

silver valver/hybrid
always best to be wary, my bro's mate nearly had his p1 pinched by 3 guys in a pinched bmw m3 the threatened him with a knife, managed to get away though.

Martin_89 said:
probably asked him if he broke the speed limit trying to get away from him.

Yep then put some mobile cameras/speed traps out as the road was now considered an "Accident Black Spot".....

Seriously though I think they were a few d*ckheads, trying to wind you up, M3 was most probably Daddies and the driver was showing off, you come bombing past him in your French Hairdressers car and he looks like a c*nt in front of his mates and feels like he needs to make himself look macho again.

Just your typical M3 driver if you ask me, a t*sser!

I had that mate with 10 x 1000cc bikes on the m53 near chester, tehy slowed me down to 20mph on a motor way and were kickin my car and veryfin, so i drove at them, so i got of and stopped the gettin off, thought nuffin off it and and joined the motor 15 miles down the road after 1 of them chancin me down back lanes, any1 know where chester services r, i hit that round bout and had them of untill the long straight going to cheshire oaks with the round bout with the lexus garage on, i was doing 140 down that straight and they were sitting rite behind me, got to all the round bouts by cheshire oaks and lost them by the 1 by d & e, i had never been so scared, though i though it was funny my little 182 lost these big bikes round the corners

clio182cup said:
I had that mate with 10 x 1000cc bikes on the m53 near chester, tehy slowed me down to 20mph on a motor way and were kickin my car and veryfin, so i drove at them, so i got of and stopped the gettin off, thought nuffin off it and and joined the motor 15 miles down the road after 1 of them chancin me down back lanes, any1 know where chester services r, i hit that round bout and had them of untill the long straight going to cheshire oaks with the round bout with the lexus garage on, i was doing 140 down that straight and they were sitting rite behind me, got to all the round bouts by cheshire oaks and lost them by the 1 by d & e, i had never been so scared, though i though it was funny my little 182 lost these big bikes round the corners

lol, you been drinking

I had that mate with 10 x 1000cc bikes on the m53 near chester, they slowed me down to 20mph on a motorway and were kickin my car and everyfin, so i drove at them, so i got off and stopped them gettin off, thought nuffin off it and and joined the motorway 15 miles down the road after 1 of them chacin me down back lanes, any1 know where chester services r, i hit that round bout and had them off untill the long straight going to cheshire oaks with the round bout with the lexus garage on, i was doing 140 down that straight and they were sitting rite behind me, got to all the round bouts by cheshire oaks and lost them by the 1 by d & e, i had never been so scared, though i thought it was funny my little 182 lost these big bikes round the corners

cock mobile.
It's a bit of crazy situation!!

Kind of ironic that the car is good enough for them to try and steal; but also good enough to get away when you had too!!

Clio 182
Some nut on harley a like decided to give chase to me once,
I'd pulled out of my side road which has limited view due to muppets parking all the way along,
and this idiot was shooting along there decided to pull right up to my bumper.
At the mini round-a-bout just down the road he pulls along side and mutters something at me.
As he goes turns right I toot the horn and give him three fingers to point out he should've been doing 30,
so he doubles back and starts chasing me round the local estates.
Very interesting low speed pursuit.
Either he gave up after countless turns or I did actually lose him.
Can't say it was an adrenalin rush I enjoyed much.

Shhh
I understand the he may have been shown up, but i only overtook the 4x4, the M3 and the horse truck van thingy on the break from the roundabout. Did not go head 2 head with him. Maybe he thought id shown him up, but why the slowing down to the 35mph. I forgot to mention he pulled into the middle of the road to prevent me passing. After that i did not bother again till i pulled off.

Getting through to the police was a nightmare, I started to ring them when i left the cul-de-sac and pressed on with my journey looking out for the car if they were sitting off. Rang several numbers for no-one to answer. Had to ring the Hull police force to get them to transfer me over. Then i had to wait for 10mins on hold. Must of got to Market Weighton which is 20mile of so from york before i could report it. Then the officer asked me was i still on the a19 and was the car still there.?