ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A3 Saloon

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My mum and dad have gone on holiday and have kindly left me with their A3 to cut about in. It's the diesel version but I love the shape! I'm planning on buying the s3 version in 14 years when the depreciation reaches my level of car buying.

Few pics (excuse the kids)

C052BA55-0E61-47D4-8CC7-ECD90E66276C_zpsv6pf4ush.jpg

E46FBC36-9B5C-4A55-B553-5A5B91BF8852_zpsacvx087j.jpg

7E4CF562-7722-4397-BF35-FEF1EC06433D_zpsyfcnivvm.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I love these. There's a blue S3 saloon near me, looks epic.
Yet to see a cab though, looks quite nice too.

A4 Avant
The saloon is lovely. Went to Audi to thrash out a deal but A.) they couldn't be arsed to talk to us and B.) they want silly money for them.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Had a little blast with a blue S3 saloon recently. Looked really good, I was a bit disappointed performance wise though.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Nice, better proportioned that the last model anyway. I was expecting the actual saloon though, like everyone else. I like them as well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The S3 saloon is a very very pretty car. I never expected it to look all that as it really is just a smudge smaller A4 essentially but still.

The cab is a big no no. I just can't get on with 99% of soft tops. Especially on the Audis.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I really like the shape of these in both standard and cab versions.

Pretty smart motors.

Ph1 track slag
I own a 2014 s3, performance is impossible to describe as disappointing!. The drive isn't exactly the most exciting, but straight line speed is impressive.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm busy running the clio in which means I'm limited to 6k and am only making 221bhp @.4 boost. I honestly thought he would of sailed away from me but side by side off a roundabout I had the legs on him. Cool kid though big smiles and a thumbs up off him.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sportbacks have become very good looking and cool.

Ph1 track slag
I'd fancy its chances against a 220hp clio. S3 does 0-62 in 4.8 and 100mph in 11/12 ish. Clio would be struggling to grip while s3 long gone...it'd take a serious clio to pull them figures.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Maybe off the mark it would be a different story, through the gears though it wasnt anything amazing. Without looking up an S3's weight, im guessing its probably a 1/3rd heavier with only 80bhp more so not overly suprising really. My little Bro bought his GF a TTS and has had it mapped so I know they can be swift cars regardless of the body.

RB Clio 182
I'm busy running the clio in which means I'm limited to 6k and am only making 221bhp @.4 boost. I honestly thought he would of sailed away from me but side by side off a roundabout I had the legs on him. Cool kid though big smiles and a thumbs up off him.

I agree.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
He wasn't trying etc

He probably was. From a quick google, power to weight for a s3 saloon seems to be coming in at 203bhp per ton.

Most boosted clios are running 220 to 250 bhp per ton.

That aside, they are lovely and i think the proportions are spot on. I know which one I'd rather be hustling about in.

I like the cab OP, a lot.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
He probably was. From a quick google, power to weight for a s3 saloon seems to be coming in at 203bhp per ton.

Most boosted clios are running 220 to 250 bhp per ton.

That aside, they are lovely and i think the proportions are spot on. I know which one I'd rather be hustling about in.

I like the cab OP, a lot.

Again dear baby bear, we're talking about modified vs standard which i thought was a fad pre '09 iirc x

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough. £50k on an S3 is silly.

Hahahaha! Sorry - did I just read "£50k on an S3"???
Good god. I need to ditch my job and become an Audi salesman. Money must be growing on trees out there....

Almost, but not quite as funny as seeing a Tdi Eos outside the local VW garage for a few pence short of £30k. [emoji38]

A certain type of car seems to be increasing in price fairly rapidly compared to others.

Take a hit hatch like the ST. About £18k - what they have been arround for some time..

£30k on an EOS and close to £50k for an S3? German manufacturers seem to be making the prices up as they go along.

In a time of static economic growth and even deflation, these companies don't seem to understand this.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
A certain type of car seems to be increasing in price fairly rapidly compared to others.

Take a hit hatch like the ST. About £18k - what they have been arround for some time..

£30k on an EOS and close to £50k for an S3? German manufacturers seem to be making the prices up as they go along.

In a time of static economic growth and even deflation, these companies don't seem to understand this.

You don't have to mention the st in EVERY thread, mate ;-)