ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi RS3 Review.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Auto express finally get a blast and get to feel what a 40k hothatch is all about...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Just watched the video...It's not a looker for sure (Wheels WTF!), interior is lovely, but those Recaro's do not last at all! One of the worst wearing seats i've seen! Shame it's a 5 door too, its almost as though they are marketing this car for the 40+yr old market!

It'll sell for sure, but at 46k i think i'd rather something else?!?!?

Fiesta ST3
its astounding how fast it is! but i agree 3 doors is whats needed and lose the silly red wheels, apart from that I WANT!

Italian 3.2 V6
I Don't think it's going to be as much of a big hit or as special as the RS2/4/6 mind.

It needs wider rear arches to suit!

Not a fan of it Just yet tbh.

DCi 100
I really don't get it! My Dad had the 170 diesel sportback over the past couple of years and I think he got it to wheel spin nearly every time he drove it. Fork knows what that one feels like to drive ^

Plus having 5 doors does not make it practical. The back is a squeeze given the driver is anywhere but in the steering wheel which knocks onto the boot, that isn't greatly sized compared to a mondeo or vectra for example.

LOL! "31mpg isn't bad considering the performance"

I highly doubt you will see anywhere near that when using said performance.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They put wider tyres on the front axle, than the rear axle? Rly?

RS3 has 235 on the front, 225 on the rear, standard.

As per usual with these things. Buy a TT RS, at least it looks nice bar the spoiler.
EFA.

ValverInBits

As per usual with these things. Buy a TT RS, at least it looks nice.

Just like to add, you don't get more grip from wider tires. Just better heat management. It's all in the formula for friction.

As for the Car, WTF are those wheels, wheres the clutch, why is it so farkin expensive.
Buy an S3 and tweak it surely!

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Atleast have matching black wing mirrors. Silver looks so out of place with all that red and black.
Needs to be 3 doors, Manual and loose the stupid alloys.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Pointless car.

+1

Didn't Audi release this ages ago? I've seen many A3's with S-Line kits on them....... the difference being?

And the price? Chortle. Half that and it could be a contender. Anyone willingly handing over that sort of cash for an RS3 needs their bloody lumps feeling.

Still, there are many that will part with their hard-earned for the RS3, so hats' off to the Four-Ringers for making cars that syphon peoples' money.

Lol - steady on....

D.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Wasn't aware of that!

LOL @ that being a point.

Don't be a f4nny. The point i'm making is that the chassis is not a fault. And by putting wider tyres on the front serves its purpose. Audi think so, you must know more than them! Maybe it needs a JDM sticker to sort it out! ;)

Turbos.
I think the point here Ali is that Audi have proved power has corrupted the car. It clearly can not put its power down and steer at the same time. They may as well just admit their 4WD is crap; after all does Subaru, Mitsubishi or Nissan do it?

Wider tyres will only lessen the steering feedback, taking the car even further away from the boundaries of a 'hot hatch'. What is the point in a car that blurs the line so much towards a performance saloon car. It has 4wd, a turbo, 5 doors... why not get an M3/RS4/C63/STI/Evo?

I'm tired of the VAG group in particular filling niches that don't need to be filled. I also fail to see how you can make a hatchback with over 300bhp boring, but well done Audi, you've done it.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think the point here Ali is that Audi have proved power has corrupted the car. It clearly can not put its power down and steer at the same time. They may as well just admit their 4WD is crap; after all does Subaru, Mitsubishi or Nissan do it?

Wider tyres will only lessen the steering feedback, taking the car even further away from the boundaries of a 'hot hatch'. What is the point in a car that blurs the line so much towards a performance saloon car. It has 4wd, a turbo, 5 doors... why not get an M3/RS4/C63/STI/Evo?

I'm tired of the VAG group in particular filling niches that don't need to be filled. I also fail to see how you can make a hatchback with over 300bhp boring, but well done Audi, you've done it.

I would hedge my bets on it not being boring. Sure i'd like it with 3 doors and omitting the naff looking wheels, but it's a top end marque which is hugely capable, sounds great, it's a nice place to be. Look at the value of the RS4, even 5yrs down the line they are still holding a decent value. People buy VAG for that very reason.

Would i buy one, no. But i still beleive there is a market for this car.

TTRS - For the posers (I like it!)
RS3 - Premier Hot Hatch
RS5 - Business saloon
RS6 - Top Marque executive saloon
R8 - Supercar.

I think they've captured the market well.

You do realise that the people that buy this car will look at the badge, look at the power, look at it having five doors so they can use it for the kids school run and buy it for their wife?

The people that buy RS3s (wait, here comes a massive generalisation) will not be bothered by the price tag. They are bothered by what it actually is/says about them/their family. Why on earth would you buy a 4x4 that can obliterate most hot hatches? And yet people buy and upgrade the Porsche Cayenes.

The same goes for the RS3. Why would you buy a family car that can keep up with most sports cars? Because it says something about you.

Oh and just watch all of the S3s around here disappear slowly to be replaced by them.

Basically yeah. I would agree having bought a second hand one.

Oh, apart from the fact that the Golf and Fabia look shite ;)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Joyriders dream...

I wouldnt buy one, it'll be stolen within 30 mins!