ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT Quattro Sport - Clio trophy 147/500 replacement! - Updated Pics Post 142

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Re: Audi TT Quattro Sport - Clio trophy 147/500 replacement!

I really can't blame you for changing James, every time I look in here I then head over to PH. Such a good looking car.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

Lol at gally taking over your thread!

Car looks great though mate, still can't believe the trophy's gone though!

RS2'd Trophy

I do have some updates as of tomorrow!

The Milltek has arrived and I have removed the tints, the carbon wrapped parts have come off and I have fitted a new steering wheel.

The Front Rings I have had painted in a flat grey to match the headlight inserts.

Its starting to look propper now!

PS the wheels are staying gloss black to match the roof.

RS2'd Trophy

oh and its passed its MOT without 1 advisory at Audi :cool:

Audi TT 225

Welcome to the club :) On a side note I have a forge short shift for sale should you decide to mod, hehe.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member

Was sad to see you get rid of the Trophy but this looks really nice :)

Maybe audi rings in same colour as the silver bodywork?

RS2'd Trophy

what circumstances made you sell the trophy and get this ?
isnt the trophy a all around better car? better mpg, bigger interior, cheap tac and insurance ect?

Was sad to see you get rid of the Trophy but this looks really nice :)

Maybe audi rings in same colour as the silver bodywork?

Keith,

I have literally just done that!!!

Steal my thunder :(

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Love it, i only like the red/black combo on these but still love what you have!

How do you find it in the handling department? Too many fannies telling me these dont handle when i believe otherwise?

Pole positions make me hard.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

How do you find it in the handling department? Too many fannies telling me these dont handle when i believe otherwise?

Even a standard TT goes around corners at speeds that a 1*2 couldnt contemplate, you just dont really know whats going on, or how the car does it lol ... A 240 with the mods that James' has would be pretty satisfying i imagine (bar the slightly leaden steering, but c'est la vie) and would absolutely destroy a clio round a track/down a back road/on the motorway, etc.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Couldn't agree more Dave, comes back to the old grip doesn't = handling.

You don't really feel corners in the TT because it's sure footed, it just grips and grips and goes round. That's what takes away the drivers feel alongside the steering.

Turbos.

Looks like a great spec and glad to see you are de-chaving it a bit. I would personally have silver wheels to complete it.

Monaco

Does it have the Recaros? If so then that's my ideal car.

RS2'd Trophy

what circumstances made you sell the trophy and get this ?
isnt the trophy a all around better car? better mpg, bigger interior, cheap tac and insurance ect?

Even a standard TT goes around corners at speeds that a 1*2 couldnt contemplate, you just dont really know whats going on, or how the car does it lol ... A 240 with the mods that James' has would be pretty satisfying i imagine (bar the slightly leaden steering, but c'est la vie) and would absolutely destroy a clio round a track/down a back road/on the motorway, etc.

Yes as Dave said. Its just incomparable, the steering does feel strange to start with, minimal feedback, but the grip and the way theres no drama makes it even more suprising when the haldex decides it wants to give way to the back mid corner and still no drama. out the corner alive and well with no bron trousers.

Well after a 320mile trip back from the parents house in Devonshire back to nottinghamshire I achieved a total Vpower fuel bill of a whopping £46.58 I sat at pretty much circa 75-85mph most the way back. What a car!!

I need to sort my life out and get some pictures lol.

PS I almost ordered some wheels, then changed my mind, then have been looking at a set of these but im undecided.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XXR-WHEEL...s_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3cca78fa17

Oh and just to add insult to injury, it needs a clutch, flywheel, oil service/ haldex oil change and im having my 3"decat fitted.

Ill have pictures on saturday I promise.

James

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Those wheels will look sh*t mate. Keep it standard, either black or silver wheels. Just for the love of god don't ruin it with crap wheels.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Audi TT Quattro Sport - Clio trophy 147/500 replacement!

Well after a 320mile trip back from the parents house in Devonshire back to nottinghamshire I achieved a total Vpower fuel bill of a whopping £46.58 I sat at pretty much circa 75-85mph most the way back. What a car!!

That is very good.... Better than I just got in my 182 :(

Think I need to be getting my arse in a TT.

BG 182

I love them wheels and think they'll look great but will take away the oem look, which with something like this needs. I do think the wheels need to be original silver tho

An orange one

Keep the standard wheels mate!

RS2'd Trophy

A few pics from a quick clean today!

4293147A-B0CC-4A84-A1D3-D880ADBBE7EC-181-00000008EAF80D48.jpg

D79630BE-DC86-482E-A864-A0F806824631-181-00000008F52575A8.jpg

96A03065-406D-430F-AC2D-D512862884F8-181-00000008FB7ED0C6.jpg

1915197D-FC41-4733-B569-884AAEB9EDDA-181-0000000901C86D4C.jpg

EC7AAB80-9817-4C08-8FD9-2E892F2DB894-181-000000090A147322.jpg

C25B641F-0922-4208-B770-023BF0D49F79-181-0000000910695006.jpg

D8E0A0EB-D5CD-456A-B27C-C592B9CE931C-181-0000000915F2FF12.jpg

05C598D7-0EEE-41A7-ADF3-133E079D566D-181-000000091ADAFC8D.jpg

87A0463B-AC66-4880-AA91-54B7B18E26B3-181-000000091FB9ADF7.jpg

78592504-A1BE-4D98-B1D4-EE19F7E25213-181-00000009246EC551.jpg

Thanks for looking.

James

Suzuki Jimny

Does a TT really need harnesses? Would look nice otherwise.

An orange one

Soooooooo much better with silver badges!

Silver wheels now, and original steering wheel and seat belts...and it's perfect !

RS2'd Trophy

Soooooooo much better with silver badges!

Silver wheels now, and original steering wheel and seat belts...and it's perfect !

Im on it Colin! It has original seatbelts also. I just need to get round to de-harnessing it!

I have ordered a flat bottom RS4 wheel for it. The wheels are deffo going high power silver aswell!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah Flat bottom would look perfect. I drove a V6 recently with one and transformed the drive, bit like the Clio. Agree with the rest Colin says. Looking much better mate

I lolled at "constellation".

RS2'd Trophy

Yeah Flat bottom would look perfect. I drove a V6 recently with one and transformed the drive, bit like the Clio. Agree with the rest Colin says. Looking much better mate

I lolled at "constellation".

FLOL its been a long day, great use of the english language!

Thanks mate cant wait to be OEM'ish, im having clutch perils as we speak though unfortunately. R32 clutch has been fitted but it now needs a master cylinder :( back next week for that!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Nice looking motor that!

Hated mine so bad though, just a personal thing.

RS2'd Trophy

That really is very nice. Wheels going silver?

Yeah im going to have them done a 'hyper silver' but plenty of lacquer on them to make them look a little less OEM!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member

bar the harnesses, i think it looks spot on, for me the black wheels work well with the roof and colour of the car :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Black wheels are working better with the Silver badges mate. Suits Avus a lot.

Are clutches common?

5e4ajegy.jpg

Guy that Feirny knows.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Does a TT really need harnesses? Would look nice otherwise.

Have you ever driven a TT with a Haldex controller and decent tyres around a roundabout, at maximum attack? Harnesses are useful, they stop you being thrown out the side window. One thing they arent short on is grip lol.

Looks much better now!!

RS2'd Trophy

Have you ever driven a TT with a Haldex controller and decent tyres around a roundabout, at maximum attack? Harnesses are useful, they stop you being thrown out the side window. One thing they arent short on is grip lol.

Looks much better now!!

Cheers Dave!

Yes I have to agree with you, I had a bit of a blast in it, christ those AD08's work so well.

The black wheels are growing on me now I have to agree but I think Colin is right with the silver.

Cheers Gally, yeah the clutch just started to clip when boosting in 5th and 6th so I thought id better do this before it killed the flywheel. When I picked it up it felt awful and it turns out the M/C is now bust so thats being fitted along with the decat next week!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't drive mine quick enough. What a motorway beast though.

Oh what brakes is it running?

Very nice! I like the harnesses, am really tempted to get some pole positions for my S3 but unsure how I'd mount them.

Are you doing anything else engine wise? I presume this is the same ko4 as non sports but more aggressive map?