ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Advise

182 Inferno
Evening All Audio Fanatics

Not sure if this is the right forum but hopefully I'll get pointed in the right direction if it's not :)

Ok so here goes, I had my Kappa Infinity system fitted today, well partially! The front speakers couldn't go in because the cross faders won't fit behind the door :(

So they fitted some JBL's instead which sound rubbish (no offence to any JBL system owners) against the infinity set-up in the back.

Can anyone recommend another speaker for the front that would sound just as good as Infinity?

Appreciate any feedback and thank in advance for anyone that can help me out :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im sure theres loads who do component speakers with built in stuff that would suit you

obviously fitted by someone not knowing what there doing.

If its a 182, use the original speaker wire into the door for the midrange speaker. Find the same wire where it comes into the car and cut it, extend it and wire it to the crossover speaker output. The crossovers can be hidden up inside the dash, ive got mine behind the traction control panel on the drivers side, and behind the fusebox on the passenger side.

Remove top of dash (guide on here) remove OEM tweeters and find a way to mount new tweeters in same place.

You have an OEM look install with the new Infinity gear.

For the record i have had infinity kappa 5.25" componants in mine before i fitted the Audiobahn stuff.