ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio boffins I need some recommendations ...

Car  1.2 Clio Dynamique
Right... Few months back I sold my sub and amp as it took up way to much space in my boot, but I need some bass in my life, I've got upgraded speakers all round and to be fair the quality is pretty good, but there's just not enough bass ....
Im thinking about getting an underseat sub or 2 - opinions
orrrr
Do I just get an active sub and bollox the boot space ? - opinions

If anyone could recommend a good value for money under seat sub or active subwoofer in box that would be great :)
p.s don't mean to be picky but I'd love the sub to have a bass control that I can fit in my dash

Cheers guys
 
If you get a good set of 6x9s and amp them they'll give off a really good kick or you could get those bass speakers seen an advert in one of my mates Vauxhall mags, I'll see if I can get you a link!:)
 
Id go with option 2. You don't need to fill the whole boot space though, I run a 12" Pioneer TS-W3004 in a relatively small box that only take up a 1/3 of the boot and produces a s**t load of bass.
 
i agree with the fatty you can get shallow mounted subwoofers that take a small amount of space you can even go smaller and look for a 8" subwoofer and a sealed box

as for 6x9's i wouldn't touch them waste of time and money
 
Yes for bass requirements 6x9's is not the answer. They are good for boosting the lower ends of the mid range though if your lacking in this area to.
 
Why not go to halfords and get some alpine speakers I think its all half price atm on audio equipment?:)
 
A decent set of speakers wil deliver more than enoughbass , without the lack of boot space like he is wanting? Amped speakers will deliver a good kick on therr own that's what i did before I my new amp.
 
they sound horrible without low end bass mid range bass just sucks amped or not thats why people bring in subwoofers to cater for that so any size sub should be able to fill in that part
 
im running 1 fat rockford fostgate amp with varible bass controller in center console 2x12" kenwood subs 2x JBL 6x9s and upfront JBL in the doors must get rid of the subs as no boot space at all can just get me babys buggy in there lol
 
:P not quite haha

if you must know

3 jbl gt5 12's , spl dynamics s2000-d, 2x jbl gto 6508c speakers per door running of 2x jbl 75.2 with 4 batteries alot of deadening and alot of 0 gauge :)

also the box is custom made to 6cubes with the port tuned to 27hz with a double baffle and braces throughout :)
 
only one for now its been painted black for now until i decide what to do and when it gets warmer for me to finish the build

A840119D-orig.webp
 
will give you a sneak peak of the doors :)

not yet finished obviously one set of tweeters will be in the oem location and one will be inbetween the 6.5's

38886BF0-orig.webp
 
Looks interesting! Will like to see how well those doors turn out! But does your 1.2 actually move with all that weight in it? lol.
 
My mid range lows are sounding sweet, there's just not enough bass for my liking...
I take it I should stay away from underseat subs ?
Thanks for all the advice
Rhys
 
not much use with the underseat sub but it depends on your budget as there are alot of rubbish makes that do them
 
well i know focal is a good make of speakers/subs so yea that should be good :) never heard a underseat sub before though
 
Back
Top