ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio cable or climate cable?

clio 172
Hi guys,

Im not an electrician but I have a couple cables ive found hanging loose behind the centre coloumn. I just wanted to confirm what they are for as the previous owner had a third part head unit so I suspect it maybe part of the Renault units wiring. Ive felt behind the climate control and there are no spare connector sockets on there.

Exhangephotos001640x480_zps775a2638.jpg

Hi guys,

Im not an electrician but I have a couple cables ive found hanging loose behind the centre coloumn. I just wanted to confirm what they are for as the previous owner had a third part head unit so I suspect it maybe part of the Renault units wiring. Ive felt behind the climate control and there are no spare connector sockets on there.

Exhangephotos001640x480_zps775a2638.jpg

Looks the same as the speaker connector however it's in the wrong place :S do both of your tweeters work?

clio 172
Not sure I havent had a radio plugged in for a couple weeks whilst cleaning it and fixing the climate control motors. Eek! where should it be? Doesnt look like the cables been damaged or changed from factory as its on the same loom going up behind the climate control.

Not sure I havent had a radio plugged in for a couple weeks whilst cleaning it and fixing the climate control motors. Eek! where should it be? Doesnt look like the cables been damaged or changed from factory as its on the same loom going up behind the climate control.

In the doors or rear quarters. It's the connection that plugs into the actual speaker. However it might be for something else due to it being wrapped up in the same loom as the climate control!

clio 172
I'm wondering whether this comes from behind the air con motor plate in the drivers foot well. I vaguely remember disconnecting a white connector one the plate was off. What ever it does it hasnt affected the running of the climate control or motors so I guess im looking at removing the motor plate again. Damn it was bad enough the first time! Unless anyone can comment further? :S

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
its a bit wacky and out there, but do you still have original front speakers? if you do, unplug one of them then see if it can plug into that. odly looks very much like a speaker adaper. how you would end up with 3 in the front god only knows lollol. unless someone did some retro re-wiring ?

shud also say, if it does fit, blast some music out? llol

clio 172
Yep I still have all the original speakers, no sign of tampering really though I did find some wire shielding and cut off tag ends in the boot under the spare wheel! Still no sign of tampering under the console which is why I dont know whether to leave it. Very strange might disconnect a speaker off the door and try this suggestion though :)

Without reading through this thread properly, it looks like a speaker/tweeter connection, being where that plug is (although strange) I would think its a tweeter connector, on the dash where the tweeter grilles are twist them off and take them out then have a look to see if there are original tweeters etc or if they are aftermarket.

Clio mk2
I know i'm resurrecting an old thread, but this also bugged me for a while. I fitted an AUX to my friends dynamique, and there was a third factory tweeter within the curved piece of trim between the climate control and the back of the cup holders, which is what this cable is for. I felt obliged to share this knowledge as i've never found another example of a clio with this third tweeter. :)

Clio mk2
That's interesting I didn't know they did a factory handsfree. Anyway my friends car doesn't have it and I tested it and normal stereo audio came out of it