ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audio Set Up Kenwood H/U

Listerine & Poledo
What speakers and sub are you running?

If you have a sub and stock speakers:

Set high-pass filter on speakers to stop bass going to them (150hz or so)
Set low-pass filter on sub to stop highs going there. (below 200hz)

Exact values are to individual cars/ears/installs.

Last edited:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I dont have a sub mate & there Alpine 13cm Speakers,these ones.

IMG_1037.JPG

Listerine & Poledo
Right.
I wouldn't get too engaged in trying to massage noise out of that setup if honest.
Taking the lowest bass out of the equation (high pass filter) would help the speakers from distorting when trying to play frequencies they can't reproduce, but other than that, you dont have a lot of options.
Honestly, you'll have as much success playing with treble & bass controls :(

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
How do I do the high pass filter?.

it sounds pretty good at the moment,just trying to get the best set up with what I have as the head unit has loads of options for the audio set up.

Listerine & Poledo
No idea, check the manual :smile::up:

Tweaking the headunit will only get you so far, the real limitation is your speaker selection. Provided you dont want deep bass, you're alright.

Just don't try and force bass out of those speakers, they wont react particularly well. Bigger cones and more watts would be the key.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
No idea, check the manual :smile::up:

Tweaking the headunit will only get you so far, the real limitation is your speaker selection. Provided you dont want deep bass, you're alright.

Just don't try and force bass out of those speakers, they wont react particularly well. Bigger cones and more watts would be the key.

Yeah I'm not expecting loads from the speakers mate,they sound good but just like you said not much bass,as if I went bass route I would need to get a sub but I don't want to go down that route.
Is there an option for better 13cm speakers or not really?

Listerine & Poledo
Not really. Sure, you can get 13cms that take more power, but it'd take some serious door-builds to get a significant improvement in bass.
The only real upgrade would be the component front speakers, that use a separate tweeter, but that's a mission to fit and still only marginal gains.

Remember you don't HAVE to have a massive box in the boot now, an under-seat sub for about £100 will add enough lows to be noticed, but not silly chav loud.