ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Soul Vs. Auto Finesse Passion wax test

Golf GT & A4 Avant
test car is the bonnet and front wings of my silver Golf that does on average 300miles per week. As the previous test, no pre sprays or QD top ups.

Car was prepared with Tardis, IronX, clayed then Rejuvenate via rotary polisher. Soul wax to the left side of the car, Passion to the right (as you look at the front).

Application required very little wax to spread, with Passion maybe spreading a little further and easier but very little difference. Passion did feel quite a soft wax, but the smell of Soul was beautiful. Even with the lid closed and applying it to the bonnet the sweet aroma wafted up. Removing was very easy and not a problem even in sunlight although wasn't left too long.
The finish was very difficult to pick between the two on silver, although on my old liquid yellow Clio Passion certainly had the edge. There was certainly no mute to the flake pop left from the prep with Rejuvenate. Afterwards the Passion side did feel considerably slicker than that of the Soul.
Water behaviour after initial application showed no difference, both sheeted well and beaded as below.

Soul beading
DSCF2056.jpg

Passion beading
DSCF2055.jpg

As before the car will be washed weekly with nothing other than Lather shampoo.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
1st wash - Friday 25th May - 1 week since application

washed with lather, anyone would think I'm using a more costlier Z wax! Beading and sheeting are both excellent. the bit of rain we've had has been lovely to watch race down the bonnet. washing was easy, no contamination and dried itself when rinsing with a watering can. very little to tell between the beading or sheeting. Flake pop is still very proud and bright.

Soul
DSCF2061.jpg

Passion
DSCF2060.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
2nd wash - Tuesday 5th June - 2 weeks since application

Washed with lather again, no photo's this time but water behaviour is still just as good as that above. Soul sheeting is maybe half a second behind that of Passion. washing was a pleasure and dead bugs on the front lip of the bonnet came off with a single swipe of the sponge. looks like they've just been applied still and is very bright and bold. The sites I've visited in the past couple of days have been quite muddy with splatter up the wings, a short rain shower and they've washed themselves clean with no visible signs of any mud. no contamination has started to bond. Even being dirty since the wash beading and sheeting is still pretty good.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
3rd wash - 11th June - 3 weeks since application

Washed with Lather was nice and easy and smooth, no contaminants left behind. Wings were quite muddy and also greasy from a suspension change this week and all came off in a single pass. washed in the rain and suds were trying bead and sheet off the panel. Water behaviour was still very good on both sides. beading and sheeting fractionally better with Passion than Soul but hardly noticeable. I did feel that maybe Soul wasn't looking quite so bright this week.

From today the car will be spending 2 weeks in an airport carpark so will not be touched till we get back. Will be curious to see what contaminants if any it picks up and if it'll wash off.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
4th Wash - 24th June - 5 weeks since application.

The car has spent the best part of the last 2 weeks sat in a carpark somewhere near Heathrow airport and when collected had a nice film of sandy dust over its entirety, with a healthy splattering of bird mess. It was then brought home and spent 2 full days sat under an oak tree. In the fading sun I could see the aphid's hovering around the car under the tree. Come Sunday and washing the car was covered in sticky spots all over, identical to those on my blue Focus used on the Zymol wax test.

initial rinse down with the hose and standard 2BM with later. Washing was simple. pre rinsing was all that was needed to remove the bird mess then a simple pass of with mitt, all aphid droppings / tree fallout? wiped away clean. no signs of any contaminants bonding still. The finish is still looking quite glossy but has dropped sine application obviously, to the point where normally I may consider with this or the next wash to use a QD wipe down to bring back the just waxed look. ( which I am not for the purpose of the test).

Water behaviour was still very good with Passion still holding out over Soul a little but still performing well. Sheeting with an open hose had it almost dried. Pictures below were taking during the rinse stage

Soul
DSCF2342.jpg

Passion
DSCF2343.jpg