ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Test Panel - Test one, Tripple & Spirit

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
a9udutav.jpg

Test One for me, unfortunately the weather stopped play but I managed to get the products applied to the chosen panel on my car before rain stopped play.

Not many pictures I'm afraid as my SLR battery was flat so had to resort to my Iphone.

The car was pretty filthy having been down to S&MWM to have a new engine fitted (The guys did offer to wash it for me but I declined due to wanting the car back ASAP)

I decided to use the bonnet as the test area as it gets the most weathered blatting up and down motorways and country lanes it gets heavily soiled.

y4uqagas.jpg

Hopefully you can pick up the debris / bugs and grime in these pictures (above and below)

y9aju4a2.jpg

First up was a wash and basic decontamination, the car has been well protected having undergone a thorough wash and protection earlier in the year, in the interest if fairness the bonnet was washed (2BM) with Auto Finesse Lather (V1), Clayed with I4Detailing clay and then a liberal spritz with Auto Finesse Iron Out.

agy4abag.jpg

As the car was filthy same process was followed over the rest if the car (apart from clay). Strangely there was a lot of fall out present considering it was hit with IronX about 6 months ago, possibly due to parking up where I work.

magu2ype.jpg

2e8udery.jpg

Wheels were hit with Bilberry followed by Iron Out

7apuzusa.jpg

Nice dirty rinse bucket

apeqahez.jpg

On to the test products:

Auto Finesse Tripple.

What Auto Finesse say -

All-in-one cleaner polish

Tripple is an all in one cleaner polish, enriched with pure Brazilian Carnauba. It’s easy application will deep clean paintwork, whilst glazing for shine and add a protective layer of carnauba in one easy step, making it the ultimate product for the speedy detailer.

My Thoughts -

Packaged in Auto Finesses well known Black bottle with chrome finished cap and well know art work on the label, priced at £7.95

Very easy application via a foam pad by hand, 2 pea sized blobs were plenty for 1/2 the bonnet (could have probably got away with this amount for the whole bonnet) it spreads very easily and cures quickly. I did the whole bonnet working it in to the paint until it stated to haze evenly left 1/2 for 5 min before removal and the other half for 20 min to see how easy it was to remove.

Both side of the bonnet buffed off with ease leaving a nice slick finish with noticeable improvement to the flake pop in the paint with minimal dusting created from the product, the swirls present in the paint were also noticeably improved as the Tripple filled minor imperfections.

One thing I did note, despite wash, clay and decontamination Tripple still managed to pull dirt from the paint, impressive.

e7utaren.jpg

Next I moved on to the Auto Finesse Spirit Wax.

What Auto Finesse say -

Car wax

Spirit is the flagship car wax in our range, and was originally developed for use for only ourselves. The spec was simple, get as many active ingredients as possible whilst making sure the product was still easy to use. This means every ingredient in this carnuba wax is there for a reason. The slight hint of apple adds to the superiority of this car wax.

If it’s looks and durability you are after, this one will not disappoint.

My thoughts -

Upon opening the wax you are greeted with a sweet vanilla / cream soda smell, it's texture is quite oily which makes for very easy thin application.

It's packaged with Auto Finesses now well known logo in a nice jar and priced at £89.95.

I applied to 1/2 the bonnet which I divided into 3 sections.

Section 1 - applied thinly by foam applicator, spreads smoothly and thinly with a 'wet' oily layer.

Section 2 - applied by fingers / hand, again spreads thinly and easily.

Section 3 - thick layer by foam applicator, much like the above although the pad noticeably clung to the paint.

I split the 3 sections in half again and removed the hazed wax after 5 min for one side, it came off very easily aside from the thick application which as you would expect required extra elbow grease, still doable but it's clear as with most waxes less is always more.

The remaining wax was removed after a further 10 min, the hand applied and thin coat again buffed off very easily. The thick side was a challenge and I resorted to a little QD to assist with its removal.

The finish given was very slick and wet looking, unfortunately difficult to capture on a silver car.

2eda4yve.jpg

Tripple on left, Spirit on right.

Over the Tripple only side if the bonnet you can (in person) really see the difference the wax gives, with the Iceberg Silver on my car it really enhances the blue tinge, leaving a wet slick to the touch finish.

A few spots of rain fell at this point as I was working my way round the car with the wax, so I gave up with its application on the rest of the vehicle for now but did get a quick shot of how the wax beads up

pydu3ase.jpg

I'll be giving the bonnet a week or 2 without adding any products to the panel to see what happens regarding durability and ability to maintain the finish of the products and update here with results.

adehemum.jpg

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
RyG they are bloody big, hold 30L each so even 1/2 full there is 15L of water to play with.

They get a bit heavy to move around when full.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Those Turinis work so well with that colour.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
The fall out was bad, especially when you consider it had already been done a short while back!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
So, it's been wet and windy the past week.

Couple of pictures of the bonnet test panel.

supugevy.jpg

Observations: As you can see both products are offering protection (Tripple and Spirit)

u6equ2uh.jpg

Left: Tripple, beading well although not as uniform as the Spirit.

Right: Spirit, nice tight uniform beading

No offense, which is always read as "offensive", but that's not tight beading, -J- It's not bad, perse, but it's certainly not the best I've seen. Interested to see how everyone else gets on.

Other thing to note is I presume the car is dirty, so that affects beading?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
null_zps7acde367.jpg

That's tightish beading...

I thought Spirit would bead a damn site better than that even when dirty!

Still need to try that properly. Sprayed it on dads car, didn't see it for 6 months, came back and surprise surprise there was no sign.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I find it's best going over sealants as opposed to it be the only LSP, I'm rubbish with testing the longetivity of products though on my own car as i'm forever stripping it down and applying something new lol

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
No offense, which is always read as "offensive", but that's not tight beading, -J- It's not bad, perse, but it's certainly not the best I've seen. Interested to see how everyone else gets on.

Other thing to note is I presume the car is dirty, so that affects beading?

When I say tight beading I mean Vs the Tripple on the left of the picture the Spirit is tighter.

Car was washed last weekend but has done 100+ miles since so there will be a degree of dirt on the paint.

When I say tight beading I mean Vs the Tripple on the left of the picture the Spirit is tighter.

Car was washed last weekend but has done 100+ miles since so there will be a degree of dirt on the paint.

Make sense and yes, defo will chap. Get some photos after a wash for comparison.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You can definitely tell the difference, tripple I can understand but not spirit.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Nice write up bud. Hows the car now with the new engine

Going ok mate, few niggles that need sorting but they can wait until its run in and Mike and James can do them when it's back in to have its map checked.

Then after that it's suspension refresh time, money pit lol.

It may come off the road to have that done though for a few months as I'm just in process of sorting a company car out.