ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Lights and Auto Rear Wiper

hello, I've just bought a 2004 04 reg 1.2 16v Dynamique and it has auto lights, which did seem to be working fine. except from today about 5pm when it was still sunny and shortly before the sun had set (imagine a hot summers day about 7pm and this is what the weather was like at the time) I go a drive in the car and my auto lights activate, on dipped beam setting,

hence my questions are: is this correct, should the auto lights have come on at this point, as to be fair had the car not been equipped with auto lights I wouldnt have bothered putting the lights on manually, almost every other car on the roads didnt have lights on, and the amount of darkness/daylight didnt even merit having sidelights on, so are my auto lights busted or working fine?? also how light does it need to be that my auto lights would only auto switch on the sidelights and not the dipped headlights as above but also not too light that they wouldnt come on at all.

secondly, my car is equipped with auto wipers, but the auto rear wiper I'm told is standard spec on every clio even the base spec authentique, so what needs to be done for my rear wiper to auto wipe when I put my car in reverse gear? i.e. would my front wipers need to be on auto and for it to be raining or my front wipers just switched on manually. i.e. would the front wipers need to be on in any setting for it to work.

lastly, still on the auto wipers, if I had my front wipers in the automatic setting, with the stalk on the intermittent/automatic. position and it started raining, would my rear wiper automatically come on too, or is it just the front wipers that are auto wipers??

lastly, still on the auto wipers, if I had my front wipers in the automatic setting, with the stalk on the intermittent/automatic. position and it started raining, would my rear wiper automatically come on too, or is it just the front wipers that are auto wipers??

just front on mine...

although back automatically wipes when reverse is selected if its in auto position

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
on normal clios the front wipers must be on for the reverse auto wiper to come on. Not sure about ones with auto front wipers,i assume the stalk must be at least in the auto position.

the sensor that detects rain will only cut in the front wipers not the rear

auto lights only control main beam it cant switch on the sidelights only

if its quite dusk the lights could be activated. if your unsure get it checked. where you based?