ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 reverse lights

RS Clio Cup172
Hi everyone

I have read alot of posts on this issue. None quite match my example.

All my lights except both reverse lights work perfectly including rear wiper switch when engaging reverse gear.

I removed the rear light cluster cleaned the contacts, also tested the bulbs, all okay, however still not working when retested. Fuse also check but all tight and in place.

Should I change the gear switch? It's (£20 from euro car parts) ? Im struggling to understand how that would make the lights work when the switch controls the rear wiper and has never failed to work.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yes, it will probably be the reverse sensor that sits on the gearbox. The sensor is just a microswitch that I believe bridges the contact when you put the gear in to reverse. You could unplug the cable from the sensor - then use a paper clip to bridge the two contacts on the cable and see if the reverse lights light up before buying a new sensor.