ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto lock after unlock

clio f7r valver
So I’ve made the mistake a few times of locking my keys inside the clio due to it automatically locking itself after a few seconds. Is there any way this can be turned off? It’s not even a case of locking the keys in, it’s just annoying, I can’t even walk back inthe house withit it locking itself again. Surely there must be a way of turning it off

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Not being funny here . I'm just trying to get my head round the problem you're having.
So you've locked the keys in the car a " few times"?
I'm not really getting how that's possible?
You unlock the car with the plip, then put the keys in the car either by the passenger door or boot then the keys get locked in the car?
If it doesn't auto lock if you open the driver's door, why not just open the driver's door , problem solved init ;)

clio f7r valver
Not being funny here . I'm just trying to get my head round the problem you're having.
You unlock the car with the plip, then put the keys in the car either by the passenger door or boot then the keys get locked in the car?
If it doesn't auto lock if you open the driver's door, why not just open the driver's door , problem solved init ;)
So I’ve unlocked the passenger door to open bonnet and put keys on seat and shut the door forgetting that it locks itself. (I haven’t locked them in the boot before btw 😂 just when I’ve unlocked the car and opened the boot for something it’s them locked itself) lol. I shouldn’t need to just open the drivers door to want to then go round to open the passenger door to open the bonnet it’s a stupid design and it’s also stupidity on my behalf for putting the keys down, there just surely must be a way you can disable it?

Renault Clio 197
Got this issue with my boot, I'm told it's a bad switch as my boot light doesn't come on when the boot is open as it should, check if the interior light comes on when you have the passenger door open, if not then it's not detecting the door as open and is a bad switch.

Edit: also I don't believe you can disable the feature(atleast without clip or something), there's only a way to disable the car auto-locking when driving.

clio f7r valver
Got this issue with my boot, I'm told it's a bad switch as my boot light doesn't come on when the boot is open as it should, check if the interior light comes on when you have the passenger door open, if not then it's not detecting the door as open and is a bad switch.

Edit: also I don't believe you can disable the feature(atleast without clip or something), there's only a way to disable the car auto-locking when driving.
Well I was thinking clip might be able to do it, i was gonna have a look on on Delphi to see if I can do it on there. I’m not sure if the light comes on tbh but my battery in the fob has died so can’t get in the car now until I get a new battery. If the light doesn’t come on, where is the switch I’d be looking for and is it easily replaceable? If interior light comes on when I open passenger door, would that then mean that it won’t lock itself?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no need to disable it, provided the door and boot switches are working then it'll be fine.

so as above, check interior lihgth and boot light come on as they should with passenger door and boot lid opening. if not switches bust on both, so replace and fixed

clio f7r valver
no need to disable it, provided the door and boot switches are working then it'll be fine.

so as above, check interior lihgth and boot light come on as they should with passenger door and boot lid opening. if not switches bust on both, so replace and fixed
So replacing them would stop the car from locking itself?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
no it will still auto lock but only if you unlock it and then don't open anything, as such no issues then as you won't be able to leave your keys in it

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
if however the lights are working then its a completely different cause of the issue and one I haven't heard of, possibly a faulty UCH module as they can cause all kinds of odd behaviour if they break down internally

clio f7r valver
if however the lights are working then its a completely different cause of the issue and one I haven't heard of, possibly a faulty UCH module as they can cause all kinds of odd behaviour if they break down internally
So interior light comes on when passenger do opens, but doesn’t come on when the boot is open. So once this is resolved no matter what door you open it won’t lock itself is that what you’re saying?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
you have 3 sensors, 1 on each door and one on the boot.

if interior light comes on when you open either door, then door switches are okay.
if boot light comes on when you open boot lid then boot switch is okay

that is a fully working system and behaviour will be, unlock car with plip but don't touch any doors/boot and it will lock itself. BUT open any of the 3, doors or boot, and it will not lock itself again.

I would suspect what you should find on yours is, open boot and boot light remains off and open passenger door and interior light remains off. Open drivers door and interior light comes on. this means the switches on the passenger door and boot are knackered so the car doesn't know you have opened them and thinks they are still shut, hence it locks itself.

if however your lights all work as they should with doors or boot opening and closing and turning them on and off, then the issue lies elsewhere and the only other situation I have heard of where that occurs is a faulty UCH control module which can lead to lots of strange electrical behaviour.

hopefully its just the switches though

clio f7r valver
you have 3 sensors, 1 on each door and one on the boot.

if interior light comes on when you open either door, then door switches are okay.
if boot light comes on when you open boot lid then boot switch is okay

that is a fully working system and behaviour will be, unlock car with plip but don't touch any doors/boot and it will lock itself. BUT open any of the 3, doors or boot, and it will not lock itself again.

I would suspect what you should find on yours is, open boot and boot light remains off and open passenger door and interior light remains off. Open drivers door and interior light comes on. this means the switches on the passenger door and boot are knackered so the car doesn't know you have opened them and thinks they are still shut, hence it locks itself.

if however your lights all work as they should with doors or boot opening and closing and turning them on and off, then the issue lies elsewhere and the only other situation I have heard of where that occurs is a faulty UCH control module which can lead to lots of strange electrical behaviour.

hopefully its just the switches though
So what you’ve just said seem to be my exact problem. How do I go about replacing the switches and where are they located?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Door switches are at rear of door shuts and boot one is part of the locking mechanism in the boot lid itself, I replaced mine with good low mileage ones from a breakers local to me and saw them working in the car before they were removed and sold to me