ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto lock and door open courtesy light

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've been trying to solve this problem but havent got anywhere. Basically when I unlock my 172 the courtesy light comes on as normal but within 10 seconds it auto locks even after opening a door and with it open.
If I put the key in the ignition it wont auto lock, whether connected or not the courtesy light doesn't come on when a door is open.

This is driving me crazy now so if anyone has any suggestions to help I'd really appreciate it

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
One of your door sensors is knackered.
Does it do it with both doors or just drivers side? If just drivers side you need to remove the plastic trim that rubs along the sill on inside to reveal the sensor and replace.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Tried unplugging them, does nothing as the alarm still goes off. Doesn't matter what door I open

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
One of your door sensors is knackered.
Does it do it with both doors or just drivers side? If just drivers side you need to remove the plastic trim that rubs along the sill on inside to reveal the sensor and replace.

Do you mean the door switches?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've noticed today that with the boot open the 'door open' light comes up on the dash so at least I know the dash light works. Both door switches work so it must be wiring from there on...

Renault Master
I’ve got a similar issue think I’m going to try a new interior light even though it works when I switch it on the door sensors after that then I’m snookered ?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Mine used to work but hasn't of late bar the on the odd ocassion intermittently, it must be a poor connection somewhere

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Assuming the door switches are ok - Pin the wiring back to the uch connector for door switches and check continuity.

If all good its prob a UCH fault, i had one that said the boot was open all the time.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Assuming the door switches are ok - Pin the wiring back to the uch connector for door switches and check continuity.

If all good its prob a UCH fault, i had one that said the boot was open all the time.

To do this do I need to extend my multimeter leads or do you just work up the relevant wire poking the leads through to the shea thing?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I just unplugged the relevant uch plug and probed the door switch plug and the pin on the uch plug, extend test meter leads with spare wiring if necessary.