ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Locking Doors

Full Fat 182

Being new to the Clio 182 and having had VW/Audi before i was wondering if anybody knows if there is a auto Door locking feature hidden in the clio.

The reason is that my Golf GTI, S3 and TT had it but you had to know it was there.

Anybody?

chris

Full Fat 182

Pete

cheers for that. I thought that if it has it i maight have to go to the dealers ala VW.

Just tried it and it works. Any other hidden features. I know the dashboard one.

chris

On my 172 if you unlock the doors but dont open any of them or the boot, it will re-lock after 30seconds, but I dont know if this is a feature of the locking mechanism of the car, or of the laserline alarm that was fitted.

Weeman sucks ****

The doors also lock if you leave the car for a while. Be careful if leaving the engine running and getitng out of the car. I read EVO had trouble with their V6, the doors locked when the engine was running and they had to break into it!! Oh dear.

How do you do the lights. My mate has a dunamique and his lights dont go auto anymore. I could randsom this knowledge to him.

Ta, Andy

Clio

have the ignition lights on . then turn the lights on and off twice and it will beep and activate the auto lights

Ford Fiesta

Chris the doors dont lock on their own if you have engine running get out and shut the car up do they!? didnt think they did, but will have to be more careful if this is the case.

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by Yugguy on 18 October 2004

On my 172 if you unlock the doors but dont open any of them or the boot, it will re-lock after 30seconds, but I dont know if this is a feature of the locking mechanism of the car, or of the laserline alarm that was fitted.
this is a feature of the door locks mate, it does the same thing on my authentique!

Ford Fiesta

you can set it so they lock on thier own after 5kph, effectively locking you away from the outside world.

I have mine set to this but some fear safety issues, but they are suppose to unlock if car is involved in accident I heard.?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

1. After owning it for a few days it starts to squeak.

2. The once useful and friendly dealer who wanted your business now dont return your call.

3. The servicing costs have doubled since you asked your sales rep.

4. Nothing is covered by your warranty.

Apart from that - I think your covered!

Clio 197

A nice hidden feature on the clio is its ability put other cars to shame....

... less discreet now, with the twin pipes... but youll still surprise many on the road & track!

E90

cant remember who it was, but someone from here locked the keys in their car on the way to Spa, or at Spa, cant remember exactly

dk

911 GTS Cab

at the circuit i left my car with the keys in for a fe minutes while talking to someone, then went to get in the passenger side and it was locked, nearly shat myself, tried it a few times and nothing so i thought it must have locked itself.

went round to drivers door with lump in my throat (nothing to do with Mike;)) and tried it praying it would open and it did!

cant think what could have happened as i never use the key in the door, only the blipper and cant think how one was locked and the other not?

Clio

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 19 October 2004

at the circuit i left my car with the keys in for a fe minutes while talking to someone, then went to get in the passenger side and it was locked, nearly shat myself, tried it a few times and nothing so i thought it must have locked itself.

went round to drivers door with lump in my throat (nothing to do with Mike;)) and tried it praying it would open and it did!

cant think what could have happened as i never use the key in the door, only the blipper and cant think how one was locked and the other not?
mine does this to . sh*t yourself dont ya . lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 18 October 2004
you can set it so they lock on thier own after 5kph, effectively locking you away from the outside world.I have mine set to this but some fear safety issues, but they are suppose to unlock if car is involved in accident I heard.?

I always find that one amusing! Chances are if youve had a bad enough impact where you need to be removed from the car, then the doors probably wont open anyway (deformation).