ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto wipers Ph1

Honda & VW
Do Ph1's have auto wipers? i assume they do as i have that little rectangle on my windscreen but when ever it rains i have to put my wipers on myself.

Now shall i simply assume it's faulty??

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
They do not.

IIRC, you're referring to the little clear rectangle at the bottom of the windscreen?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Because it has a heat reflective windscreen, toll bridges and the like can't pick up the tags that cars have to wear as the reflrective screen reflects everything! lol.

The hole is to overcome that.

Artic 182
The auto wipers on the 1*2 have to be self activated everytime you get in it anyway. Not really auto

I was just saying that they work through the whole screen:) I tried a Garmin sat nav & it only worked right on the cut out bit :rolleyes:

275 Trophy
I was just saying that they work through the whole screen:) I tried a Garmin sat nav & it only worked right on the cut out bit :rolleyes:

Mines a Garmin and it works in bottom left hand corner, but I must say not brilliantly. Never tried in the middle. Are you saying yours didn't work at all unless on the cut out bit?

Yep it was rubbish, had to have an extra aeriel put on it for it to work. Even when it was in the middle bit it still was a bit useless. It got old so I got rid of it & got a tomtom, I was told they work anywhere & they do :cool:

275 Trophy
Think I might get a Tom Tom then as the number of times I've wanted to throw the Garmin out of the window, I can't remember. My GF had to actually stop me doing that once in Bradford city center. Need to go from Windermere to Ambleside? The stupid thing says turn left constantly whilst the lake is 10 feet on the left hand side.