ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wipers.

I have recently bought a 197 which is equipped with auto wipers, my question is what happens in winter when theres a layer of frost/ice on the windscreen?? Would they try and wipe even though the wiper blades could well be frozen to the windscreen??

Thanks.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
:S why would you drive with a layer of frost on your winscreen? yes they would start to wipe i persume but... :S :S just scrape off the frost before you drive lol

clio 2 sport van
the auto wiper and light sensor works by sudden changes in the atmosphere it will not register to wipe of the frost best bet is to scrape it off first to prevent damage to the wipers cause they are expensive

That's what heated front screens are for ;)

:S why would you drive with a layer of frost on your winscreen? yes they would start to wipe i persume but... :S :S just scrape off the frost before you drive lol

So tell me then how do you turn the ignition on to defrost the screen without the auto wipers attempting to wipe.:banghead:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^^^^ I wasn't being a knob mate was just abit confused! with my auto wipers you need to turn them on by moving the stalk down once. get in the car, move the stalk up (so there turned off) and defrost it. Thats for the mk2 clios, im not sure how the 197's work tho!

Oh i see now, sorry, i leave mine in the 'intermittant' position all the time so the wipers are auto. Turning them to 'off' would prevent this happening on frosty mornings.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yes, When its frosty id turn them off, defrost the windscreen and then switch them on again!