ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Autoglym Bumper Care

sav

Renault Clio 1.2 mk2 ph1
will this stuff bring back the black on my trim on my doors and bumper?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Its good stuff . So is the chemical guys trim gel . I find WD40 is just as good and lasts just as long though , especially if you have alot of white marks . None of the above products actually remove the white marks ,they just mask it for a while .

utter ...... tez ;)

its great stuff if you do it properly, sprays like back to black mask the discolouration

this stuff you have to rub in / massage in for quite a while, then leave it, then wipe off. as said above it does protect it for quite a while, i swear by it. if you have marks due to wax or polish its also a good idea to use an old tooth brush to rub it in with as this loosens out the wax residues and leaves it loooking sheeeinnney :)

jamie

TeZ

Non RS : (
nope, its pap spec on my blacky,

wat ever i did, when it rained just leves a smery oily substance down the panels.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its streaking down your panels you've put too much on . It needs to be buffed off afterwards . Thats one of the reasons i use WD40 on a cloth . No streaking ;)

TeZ

Non RS : (
LOL i no what im doing,

but i still prefer Einszett Plastic Cleaner then some chemical guys on top .

106 GTi
Great product when applied and used properly, only runs and streaks when you use to much and don't buff it after. Won't remove wax marks or clean trim, needs product before to do that.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
I foudn thsi stuff is brilliant BUT it sticks fluff and dust etc onto it easily...

Yeah I use it and it works well if rubbed off properly. As said it only hides white marks though doesn't remove them. I'll try the WD40 next time ;)

106 GTi
Again, not buffed correctly after application if things are sticking to it.

O rly?... how do i 'properly' apply it?... i never do it properly!!

Rub it onto the trim well with a foam pad or microfiber cloth go round the whole car in this way - allow to stand for 10 mins or so, then go back round the car with a clean microfiber and buff the residue off really well.

Clio MK 4
On my old car I used to first clean the whole car with car shampoo. Dry the black trim. Then apply bumper gel. once. let it dry apply it again then spray laquer which gives it a nice shine and protects it. let that dry then rub in some black to black bumper care spray.

You're black trim will be an awsome black . Got a pic below. s**t quality im afraid but in real life it really looked awsome and stood out loads against the orange.

IMG011.gif

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Oo.. i've been just rubbing it on, then leaving it...! no wonder!
I did that the first time i used it too. Found everything but the neighbours cat was stuck to it by the morning :quiet:
I re-read the threads about how to apply it properly and not had any probs since :approve:

Elise S1 B&C 140
On my old car I used to first clean the whole car with car shampoo. Dry the black trim. Then apply bumper gel. once. let it dry apply it again then spray laquer which gives it a nice shine and protects it. let that dry then rub in some black to black bumper care spray.

You're black trim will be an awsome black . Got a pic below. s**t quality im afraid but in real life it really looked awsome and stood out loads against the orange.

IMG011.gif

That does look good - especially for a Corsa - the arches on those usially go white and never return to black - great job