ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Automatically re-locking

Renault Clio 197
Hi, just a quick question, when you unlock a MK2 Clio without opening a door it automatically re-locks after 10-15 seconds, if you open the boot should this stop it re locking as if you opened one of the other doors? Mine doesn't and just thinking it might be a faulty lock mechanism on the boot as the boot light also doesn't seem to work with a new bulb too. Thanks.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, just a quick question, when you unlock a MK2 Clio without opening a door it automatically re-locks after 10-15 seconds, if you open the boot should this stop it re locking as if you opened one of the other doors? Mine doesn't and just thinking it might be a faulty lock mechanism on the boot as the boot light also doesn't seem to work with a new bulb too. Thanks.

Yeah it should stop it from auto locking if you open the boot.

Mine does.

megane 285 sport
I dont know, its been along time since ive had one, but always thought they stuck out the back of the plastics that the parcel shelf sat on.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
The boot latch has a microswitch on the later mk2 clio's, easy to replace.