ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux belt not central on tensioner pulley?

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Changed my aux belt recently and noticed that the aux belt doesn't sit centrally on the tensioner pulley.

It sits right up to the inboard edge of the pulley, but doesn't seem to overhang off the edge. Looking at the wear pattern on the old pulley, the last belt and tensioner sat exactly the same - you can see the 3mm ish strip on the outboard edge which the belt didn't run on.

The last belt was on for atleast the 12k miles I've owned the car (probably a lot longer going by the history), so I'm thinking it's probably no worries. Belt otherwise tracks true when turning over by hand or with engine running.

Just wondering if they all tend to sit like this or if something is up with mine? Cheers!

IMG_20210426_230032.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah totally normal on yours that. second google pic you linked looks like its been running incorrect though as no band at all on the inside where as yours does have 1mm or so

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
yeah totally normal on yours that. second google pic you linked looks like its been running incorrect though as no band at all on the inside where as yours does have 1mm or so

It might actually be slightly worse with the new belt and tensioner to be honest, which is a bit annoying.

The belt doesn't seem to be close to rubbing on anything, but it is right up to the edge of the pulley.