ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aux Belt snapped!

Evo 8 MR
My friend has just notified me that his aux belt has snapped and luckily he was close to home so managed to get it back there.

My biggest concern is that the belts were done last October at Birchdown and I know as much as anyone that they are well respected but I just can't work out why it's snapped?

Another thing is that my belts were done on the same day at the same place and my aux belt has been squeaking a lot lately so I'm really worried about mine now.

I've got a lot of miles to be doing in mine from tomorrow as I'm moving house so I'm really worried the same could happen to mine.

I've advised him to ring them first thing in the morning to explain what's happened obviously and I think I will too but I've posted on here to see if anyone knows how this could have happened, they don't just go for no reason do they? afaik it's possible it can take the cambelt with it when it goes can't it?

Both cars are 172 cups btw.

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear about your friends, I guess it was the guy that was there with you sunday?

I cant help on the belts but if you need to take the car somewhere and need a hand with anything give me a text :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Maybe try ringing the guys at birchdown?!

If they were only done in october, the parts carry a 12 month warranty anyway if you asked to have genuine parts fitted.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

If they were only done in october, the parts carry a 12 month warranty anyway if you asked to have genuine parts fitted.

This. And surely it's 12 months regardless, as long as they provided the parts.

Could be a water pump or alternator pulley gone? Seized or bearings maybe?

Evo 8 MR

As said he will be doing this first thing tomorrow.

This. And surely it's 12 months regardless, as long as they provided the parts.

Could be a water pump or alternator pulley gone? Seized or bearings maybe?

I guess, never thought of that, any obvious way of telling if it's either of those?

Clio 200 CUP
Thanks Steve for the post and the responces going to try and get it towed to my local garage. I was at Asda and luckily only live round the corner so was able to get it back but the power stearing had gone as it was only running on the battery, so yeh wont know whats going on until I ring up and get it into my local garage but hope when I Ring birchdown I am a little wiser, not a happy bunny :approve:

Megane dci 130
Remember the aux belt also drives the water pump so you would have limited cooling driving without the belt.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Birchdown are a decent setup and I'm sure that if it's their doing they will sort it out but there are other things that could have caused the premature demise of the belt so go easy, stay calm and just speak to them. Granted you're upset but don't go all Rambo on them as it will get you nowhere.

On a separate note, if you're thinking about making a claim on any warranty given you need to be fair to Birchdown and take the car straight back to them rather than let someone else go stopping around under the bonnet. Otherwise they're quite in there right to void it... If they wanted to be funny with you that is.

Mick

Birchdown

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup / 172 Exclusive
Hi all, all auxiliary belts and kits are genuine renault and come with 12 months warranty. We have never had an issue before but theres always a first time! Just give us a call, we have belts on the shelf. If you do have it looked at elsewhere please have the water pump, power steeing pump and alternator inspected to be certain they are not at fault!
Andy

Clio 200 CUP
Birchdown are a decent setup and I'm sure that if it's their doing they will sort it out but there are other things that could have caused the premature demise of the belt so go easy, stay calm and just speak to them. Granted you're upset but don't go all Rambo on them as it will get you nowhere.
On a separate note, if you're thinking about making a claim on any warranty given you need to be fair to Birchdown and take the car straight back to them rather than let someone else go stopping around under the bonnet. Otherwise they're quite in there right to void it... If they wanted to be funny with you that is.
Mick

Thanks for that Note i rang them 1st thing and they was very helpful and I would still go back to Birchdown cars never run so good !

Hi all, all auxiliary belts and kits are genuine renault and come with 12 months warranty. We have never had an issue before but theres always a first time! Just give us a call, we have belts on the shelf. If you do have it looked at elsewhere please have the water pump, power steeing pump and alternator inspected to be certain they are not at fault!
Andy

Hay Guys as you know the cars all done and i am Still happy with the service i have recieved and will get that email sent to night Thanks agen !

Last edited:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Yes it can happen, there is no room for it to drop out so to speak on a ff, Easily sorted! :) Glad your happy pal.