ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX belt

Called the local Reno dealer for a 36k service, conversation went something like this…

Me: Could I have a quote for a 36k service for a Clio sport 172
Reno: £270 Inc vat
Me: Does that include the AUX belt?
Reno: no… that’s not until the 72k mile service
Me: no that’s the cam belt, I just want the AUX belt doing!
Reno: that doesn’t require to be done
Me: Well could you just get me a price including the AUX belt changing?
Reno: 2mins I will check…. £30 so £300 all in.
Me: I have my own oil and air filter doesn’t need changing either as I have an after market 1, does this knock any thing off?
Reno: Ok we will do it for £270

I dropped the car of yesterday morning and said if there is any oil left out of the 5 liters could I have it back for topping up the car, they agreed.

My brother picked the car up for me later that day and dropped it off for me at home.

I get in from work to find they have given me the oil back by putting the empty oil covered container in my passenger foot well; I have oil on my mats and carpet!!!!

I then look at the receipt they supplied which says “alternator belt changed” is this the same thing as the Aux belt or have they done completely the wrong thing, could any 1 tell me how to check my car to see if they have done the right belt?

I then look at my service history book to find they haven’t even stamped it as well just to top things off :(

I’m off down tomorrow to give them an a$$ kicking

clio 182 black /gold
Sounds like you have had a top service. They never fail to upset the customer lol

Leeshez

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
ben_p said:
that is stupid cheep for the aux belt. fook me!

wonders if they actually changed it ;)

Yes sir that will be £30, even tho we havnt touched it :clown:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
lol at Leeshez, so true. I would be very suspicious of them actually changing the belt, as they clearly didn't have a clue what you were talking about.

EVO VII
the aux belt change is part of the 36k service is it not?? it was when i took my g/f 172 in sounds like you got done??

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IIRC, according to the manual it is, but I think generally the Renault dealers don't include it unless asked.

197 f1
just had mine done was about 100 quid for the aux belt +195 for the service 400 quid all in with cv gaiter & new reg plate light.told me they had removed the bumber to get the belt on

Just look down the left (drivers side) of your engine. The belt you see is the aux bely, should look new. Mine does!

I had the same problem with "does the service include the aux belt?" "no" but they said an extra £70 I think.

ilaffe1 said:
just had mine done was about 100 quid for the aux belt +195 for the service 400 quid all in with cv gaiter & new reg plate light.told me they had removed the bumber to get the belt on
Yep bumper off is easiest but you can do it with it inplace.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I got quoted £268 all in ie including the aux belt, though I did ask for a quote with that included.

Benfeild Renault, Gateshead.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I got quoted ~£250 for my 36k. I assumed it included the aux belt change as it says it should be done in the manual. (didn't expect a quote for 90% of a 36k service) Asked why it hadnt been stamped when I picked the car up. They said only needs changing at 72k, I put them right by showing it to them in black and white. They apologised. Service manager comes back with a BS story about how they inspected the belt and it seemed fine. I asked please could they change it, they said it'd be another £200. I said I had to think about it. I went home, stewed in anger and phoned customer services. Got it replaced for free.