ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AUX input using CD changer on 182

Hopefully somebody can help with this question....

Ive got an Clio 182 and want to know if I can get a cable that plugs into the CD changer input on the back of the standard Carbasse headunit and has a female line input on the other end. Does such a thing exist!?! (and if so where can I get one from)

Cheers..!

Nope there isnt one as far as Im aware it would require a complicated bit of equipment to do that as your have to encode the signal and make it act like it was a cd.

Only options would be to cut into the looms and take over the speakers as such.

Its illegal but you could make the signal into a radio signal similar to the Ipod thingies do then all you have to do is tune the radio to the frequency the radio is broadcasting on and your away.

Apart from that youd need a new head unit.

are fm modulators really illegal?

if you fm modulator route though expect radio quality e.g crap

i once ran an mstation useing one and it proper pissed me off

not a clio anymore

You dont have to braodcast, you can jsut put a modulator on the antenna cable, and that is legal. You need to tune your radio to the right frequency too.

Quote: Originally posted by hardsoulwax on 16 November 2004

Hopefully somebody can help with this question....

Ive got an Clio 182 and want to know if I can get a cable that plugs into the CD changer input on the back of the standard Carbasse headunit and has a female line input on the other end. Does such a thing exist!?! (and if so where can I get one from)

Cheers..!

Yes, I believe you can get such a cable, do you know who manufactures the Cabasse H/U, VDO or Phillips? Also, can I ask what you are going to connect to it?

Quote: Originally posted by 1.6 16v on 17 November 2004

are fm modulators really illegal?

i once ran an mstation useing one and it proper pissed me off
The wireless ones are illegal as they transmit albeit v low power.

Quote: Originally posted by 1.6 16v on 17 November 2004

The one the IPods use didnt work very well at all in my car when my mate was meesing with his. But he said it was fine is him mums KA and dads Passat.

It can be made to work though just got to figure out how to do it easily as me mate has just bought a Clio.

Quote: Originally posted by davidwilson666 on 17 November 2004

Yes, I believe you can get such a cable, do you know who manufactures the Cabasse H/U, VDO or Phillips? Also, can I ask what you are going to connect to it?
Im not sure who manufactures the Cabasse HU. I might try & pull it back and see what is written on the back...

Ive just got a new iPod that Im keen to hook up in my car. :D

Sorry mate, just read the other thread, the icelink kit contains a cable that is for Sony CD changers which provides aux in, this connects to standard Renault H/Us, and you can get Sony CD changers with this cable to fit to manufacturers H/Us, but never seen the cables sold on there own Im afraid.

Ive been looking at that Denison kit and Im not *too* fussed about the track controls.... I dont really want to pay £130 + ipod holder + fitting.

Like I said, ideally I just want to use the CD changer interface as an AUX-in. Ive spoken to my local dealer and they wont sell me the cable on its own so Im going to a local car audio place. They are are going to take the radio out and see what they can do...