ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

aux tensioner spring

Willy, Willy 2, V6
Are these the same across the mk2 clio range? do they appear on any other renault models of similar age? my car is a 182 with air con... so need it for that.

thinking scrap yard or are they cheap from renault (haha)?.

Lionel Richie
only available as the complete unit, and from renault the tensioner is £140+vat alone (kit with idler, tensioner and belt is £116+vat, go figure!)

you won't get one from renault for £75(approx), for that you'll have to go see a motor factor

Willy, Willy 2, V6
75quid eh still quite a bit really... would have thought this be a reno only part?

you got any second hand jobbys?

Lionel Richie
about 20 of them!

you can source that parts outside of renault (identical parts) if you know where to look

Willy, Willy 2, V6
maybe i'll just go for the 116+vat for the reno complete aux kit then... you think its worth it? done 73k... although the pulleys seem in ok condition.

Lionel Richie
check the bottom idler for play/noise/smooth rotation, anything odd and change the lot, i always change the lot when they come in for cambelts, no arguments

Willy, Willy 2, V6
not really no, lol... aye was tending towards the idea of just buying the kit anyway, will solve my problem and be a proper job.

Lionel Richie
yeah its a bit of a gray area tbh, i replace the aux belt at 36k and inspect/replace tensioner/idler if needed, at 72k its full replacement take it or leave it