ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Average 22.5 mpg

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Hey guys my on-board trip computer is telling me my car is averaging 22.5 mpg i drive about 2 miles a days to work and back and on the weekends take it out for a spin
1.6 Clio 2004 - K&N57i kit and a cat back system which was too loud so I had a mid box fitted to it to reduce noise, how ever it is a cat back I think that what long life told me anyway ,,,,, What can be causing my trip computer to display this

Any help guys :dead:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
With a 2 mile journey to work, I'm not surprised you're getting the figure you are.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
reset it and see how it goes.

its average over everything. if the car was hammered just after it was set for ages by a boy racer. then you will struggle to get it to rise.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
well they arent 100% anyway. press the reset button when looking at your mpg on trip computer. (the reset button is that one on the dials) then go for a drive as normal.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you hate it, work it out yourself.

Do you reset it every time you fill up !?

Possibility the lambda is gone/going, as that seems hilariously low unless you're bolted a supercharger to it.

2 miles a time isn't going to do any car any favours in the MPG department.. reset it, find some dual carriage way or a nice long A-road, do a few miles (10+ once the car is warm) at 50-60 and see what it thinks after that.

clio 1.6 Dynamique
Thanks Guys Il reset it then take it for a blast ,,,, See what we get then !!!!
Also because i have a catback and a k&N 57i kit will this impact on the fuel results

GB 182 FF
I think I had my 3.0 V6 omega down at 5mpg when I was driving 2 miles each way to work for a while lol

Not a blast... just a nice normal drive to see if its screwed or if the problem with the MPG is the throttle pedal control ;)