ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AVG

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Anyone one hear use free AVG? For some reason automatic updates keeps turning off when i close the window down. I swear it used to be on all the time (even on free edition) Any ideas?

I've no idea - though have recently switched to Avast's freebie - runs effortlessly in the background. Had a few probs with AVG's updating and scanning.

Trophy #267
there has been a recent majot update to avg which seems to have thrown some teething rpoblems. have a look on thier website for common problesm which usually have a quick fix

Clio 172mk2
mine updates fine on vista, theres some free one if ya signup for a trail off another site now e.g lovefilm etc

Black 197
I use AVAST.. Free and updates daily.. Best antivirus i've used.. Buils a lot of computers and this is what i put on all customers pc's

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Its running fine on mine, the first time I turn my laptop on each day.

Would prefer something that uses a bit less memory but AVG seems to be running better itself since reformatting the other day.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have recently just gone onto the full AVG Internet Security package as I managed to pick up a nice 10 year license from ebay :).

No problems at all.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Ok i have had enoguh of AVG not updating and moved onto AVAST, Thing is windows is saying im unprotected but i have real time runing and i guess im right in saying only open up virsus scanner when want to scan?!

DMS

A thirsty 172
I used to use AVG. Found it used too many system resources for me though.
Then I went to Avast (free edition). That was very good. It was quite efficient and updated daily.
Then I reformatted my computer not long ago and decided to give Microsoft Forefront Client Security a go. We get the licenses included our Technet subscription at work so I wouldn't have to pay for it. It's basically Windows Defender with added antivirus definitions TBH, but it works a treat.

I use AVG Free edition and they have just had an issue with it not updating something to do with invalid CTF file uninstall and reinstall fixed this. And i've not had any problems apart from that.

Only thing i would suggest is to do a custom install and turn of link scanner as uses extra memory.

JP

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I found AVG was slowing my machine down when scanning, so swapped to Avast and all's good :)