ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Avon or Conti's

A well built VW
Time to replace the two front tyres ive not been impressed with the rubbish Barum's that where on before after ringing round have a couple of choices

Sticing to the original 185 55 15 size

First choice is Avon ZV5 £57 fitted
Second is Conti Sport Contact 2 £60 fitted
Third was Toyo T1R £58 fitted but i dont want to have to replace them in 6 months time as they are on the front with a big diesel lump above and dont wear too well in normal circumstances

Anybody have experience of the above ?

Fiesta ST-2
I've got Avons, there what came on the car. Can't really comment to be honest nothing to compare them too but I'm not impressed really. Had some Eagle F1's on my old Fiesta Zetec-S and they were very grippy as were Toyo's

A well built VW
not too fussed about grippy soft compounds i drive a 65 bhp dci lol want a good combination tyre that gives good grip in the wet and dry with good wear

Thanks for the comments so far

Alan sweetcheeks pm on way later

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would Go with Conti's.

I had Avons on my M3 (Came with them) and they were pap!

And your reason for this is ........ ????

I want to know from people who have or tried one of the above tyres and can supply feedback to base my decision on

Thanks

Having used both on various vehicles.
Avon are poor especially in the wet, and hardly grip when dry. Seem to wear ok though.
Conti's have been fantastic in everyway, given that though they to tend to wear quicker.
So if your intention is to stay alive as opposed to worrying about replacing tyres sooner. It would be the Conti's for me everytime.

Contis all the way. When I changed my wheels from 15 standard to 16 sport alloys, the difference in grip in the wet was very noticeable. Had P6000 on my 15s and have stuck with however many pairs of Contis on my 16s.

120d M Sport
How are you getting on with those Rainsports?

Just had a set of 4 195/50's fitted to my gf's 206, they look the business

A well built VW
How are you getting on with those Rainsports?

Just had a set of 4 195/50's fitted to my gf's 206, they look the business

Grip in the wet is fantastic as is the dry only downside to the tyre is the tyrewall is a bit soft when doing a hard change of direction but this is rarely an issue so far i am exeptionally happy with them