ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Awesome Sound and Great Racing Onboard V8 Supercars Middle-East

Lotus Elise
Just had a great weekend with my drivers out in Bahrain for Round 2 of the 2011/2012 V8 Championship.

This is some great footage from Onboard Abdulaziz Al-Yaeesh who, after an incident in Round 1 found he had a bent chassis. This left him 8th on the grid .. but Aziz is a great racer and he fights his way through the field to finish 3rd.

The best of the action is after a Safety Car bunches up the field at 8:40 (link in Video Comments).

These things sound awesome so best click through to Youtube, Select 720p (better audio) and turn up your volume.

Direct Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6lMcNqLKA

Maxx

Last edited by a moderator:
  Lotus Elise
There is a 'slight' Clio link here in that Abdulaziz races a Clio Cup car in the Saudi GT Series, hoping to get some onboard video for that soon.

Maxx

Love watching a race unfold from onboard. Gearbox impressed me, as always.

Never watched a V8 SC race before, the amount of rubbing/contact seemed just right. Definitely seems to produce some good racing to watch.

Lotus Elise
Thanks for the comments guys. These are nowhere near as sophisticated as the Aussie V8s, they started off as road cars and were built by the series organisers. The Aussie V8s are full carbon, virtually space frame, probably 2/3 the weight and 20-30% more power. We have very limited setup options, camber/toe and ride height, then just ARBs and Tyre Pressure. The dampers are adjustable but they are locked so we can't adjust - they do that as it's the first proper season of running in a team format and they want to try and keep the playing field fairly level.

I quite like the 'unsophisticated' nature of these cars :)

Maxx

Lotus Elise
I've now posted the video from Abdulaziz's teammate Ahmen Al-Kuwari. This is Ahmeds 2nd Race weekend in these cars EVER. He is very succesful in his home country of Qatar in their version on Time-Attack but still learning the V8s and the Bahrain circuit, we did make great progress though.

He qualified behind Abdulaziz and although there is less racing action from Ahmed it's interesting to see things unfold in front, especially as the mid-race Safery Car comes in at 8:30 (link in video comments)

Direct Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPehpY81MA

Maxx

Lotus Elise
Just put together a highlights video as a bit of an experiment. As well as some external video I show full screen video of :-

Front View
Driver View
Rear View
Pedalcam View

Bit time consuming so unlikely to be a regular thing but what do viewers think?

Direct Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcjJi3mRXbw

Maxx