ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BURPSPEED FRENCH TROPHY MALLORY Race 2 Report

182cup & 172 racecar
With race 1 over with, race 2 was only an hour later, so not much time to muck about.

Luckily Mike and Nick were on hand to do stuff like fuel tyres etc, as I had to go to the Clark of the course again.

Gordon had complained, thinking I'd hit him on purpose, after showing footage it was deemed a racing incident. End of story.

Even though the car didn't feel great, It wasn't worth changing anything, as I could drive it as it was.
As the guy's drove it off to the collecting area, I noticed the exhaust bouncing up and down :eek:, I grabbed some cable ties and ran after them.

The bolt had fallen out of the rear hanger, zip ties to the rescue :).

The line up was very much as before, apart from James and Ian had swapped places.
Behind me was a very waspy Gordon, who I guessed might want a little revenge from race 1.

So with one eye in the mirror off we go, got a good start, and followed James and Ian off the line and round Gerrards through the esses and hairpin, so far so good, managed to keep up this time.

I had to watch Gordon in the 205, because in quali I noticed that he always got out of the hairpin very well, so this is the last place I needed to make a mistake, so this left me braking slightly early, just incase. By doing this, the gap slightly increased from the two up front, never mind, in my head 3rd would be better than 4th or worse.

This continued for the next couple of laps and I had a grandstand seat to watch the battle for the lead, again waiting to pick up the pieces if anything happened.

I now had pulled a little gap on the angry 205, so all was good.

Ian made the pass on James at the hairpin and I was actually close enough to have a little look myself, but I certainly didn't want to hit James up the bumper (not after 1st race), and the 205 closed in as well, damm!!

Holding off the 205 had dropped me back a few 10th's, but the gap looked massive, which was a bit of a ballache, but hey ho.

Gordons 205 did give me a french kiss up the bumper at the hairpin, this was fair enough and I did have a little chuckle to myself.

After about 10mins we started to catch the backmarkers, this is going to be fun! First was Matt Spencer who I met on the Esses, james had got through, so I had to go for it, Matt saw me and didn't turn in on me, so a little wave of thank you:).
This had pulled me back to James, so game on.

Next was Sam, who was going well seeming she had to start from the back, we mugged her into the chicane, sorry Sam.
With all this starting to happen, the 205 had dropped back slightly, so it was just a case of watching James back bumper.

Next lap James braked a little late for the hairpin and I got along side, but just couldn't quite get enough traction to pull past, bugger it!!

Next up was the 197, whom we caught up with at entry to Gerrards, James went for it, so I had no choice but to follow, not the best of places to make a move, but we both got the job done.

This was the last lap, so there we go.

Ian had gone up the road, but I enjoyed the little battle with James for a few laps, another couple and I would have had him ;).

Joking aside, a good days racing was had by all, and I'm glad James enjoyed his visit to FT, let's hope some more join in the fun.

Evidently the Clio's sound mental down the straight's, according to a spectator I spoke to, ha.

See yo next time guy's.

Race 2

Last edited by a moderator: