ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Awful Car Hand Car Wash Place

Renault Clio V6 255 MKII
Hi Guys,

I'd like to pass on a bit of advice for anyone who uses/intends to ever use the Brighton Marina Hand Car Wash.

I have been going there for a while now and have usually happy with their service. In recent months, they have been getting busier and busier and are doing the usual trick of now trying to cram in as many washes in a day at the expense of job quality.

I hadn't taken my car there for a couple of months until last weekend. When I got it back, there were 2 paint chips on the bottom right side of the rear bumper (which has only recently been newly painted) which was definitely done by them because I park my car front-facing in my garage and would definitely have seen it. There are also large and long scrapes on both the roof and bonnet of the car where clearly a diryt chamois/cloth has been used to wipe after rinsing.

I argued with these people and they refused to accept any responsibility for their actions. Instead, they tried to convince me that their system is (literally quoting here!) "100% Faultless" and that "there is no possible way we could make such a mistake."

Naturally I was really pi**sed off and hopefully none of you ever go there! I'll try and post some photos this weekend before I clean.

Phil.

Wouldn't let any of these places touch my car, and its hardly concours..

Sorry to hear about your car tho mate!

visualize whirled pe
Crikey, if I owned a V6 I would loving the luxury of being able to wash it myself. It really isnt much work and you get to visually check every inch of the body work and therefor keep on top of the maintenence while keeping it looking good.

But seeing as you like getting someone else to wash your car for you I will say this; many of these hand car wash places you speak of probably don't have public liability or accidental damage cover and like you have found they are not willing to repair damage at their own cost.
If I were you I would find a friendly local valeting service who are covered by insurance and will come out to you and wash your car. It will cost more, but in life you get what you pay for.

LY V6 with Recaros
I only was the car myself, never take it to be washed. Sorry to hear that though :(

DC5
Probably the rubber squeegee thing most places like this use to remove excess water that caused the long scratches. I used to do valetting and if the car hadn't been washed / rinsed properly this sometime happened. Luckily most will polish out, obviously can't comment on yours without seeing them.

Hopefully they will come out with a good PC polish (not the stone chips), theres various people on here that would do it for you but I can't see your location.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hopefully they will come out with a good PC polish (not the stone chips), theres various people on here that would do it for you but I can't see your location.

I'd like to pass on a bit of advice for anyone who uses/intends to ever use the Brighton Marina Hand Car Wash.

Now, i'm no university student, but.....

;)

Now, i'm no university student, but.....

;)

Lol you cnut! In my defence i ve got the worst hangover in history! He shouldn't find it too hard to get a 'polish' if its Brighton then :lolup:

Mito Sportiva 135
Sounds stupid but I pay the local place a fier just to use their PW whilst at uni and use all my own stuff. They do about ten cars in the time it takes to do mine, and I'm not slow just carefull.

visualize whirled pe
Nah, not stupid at all Brand, if you cant get the services down to your car at home then why not go for a shady jet wash with someone else equipment to get under the arches and chassis, after a winter on salty roads, then finish the job at home.

I'm suprised they dont start kicking off though if you have their jet wash for more than 5 minutes because you are costing them money (they'd have two cars done with it in that time :) )