ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Awsome Broadband Speed!

Fiesta ST
Beat this ADSL service:

3983399595_4ce7703306_b.png

not bad for a 8Mbs service.

:/

Awaiting ISP to get back to me - I bet they find no fault.

182FF with cup packs
It's a customers site - they rang me to say their internet is running slow!

I hate it when they log a call with those words. It basically means you'll spend an hour trying to get them to explain what they actually mean by "slow".

I recently had a guy complaining his internet connection was slow and how they had just upgraded to 20mb and it made no difference and it was obviously the firewall to blame.

What I eventually managed to get out of him was that what he was trying to do was log in from home with SecureClient and open a 10mb word file from a network share. Apparently "slow" means that it was taking between 30 sec and a min to open...........:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
583583805.png

The 20/20 leased line for this office, with a shed load of users on it at the mo

UL is nearly always quicker than DL here :p

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my ADSL is 3.10 mbps download, ping is 58 and upload it 0.68 mbps, no one is doing cable or whatever in my area, shocking

DCi
I hate it when they log a call with those words. It basically means you'll spend an hour trying to get them to explain what they actually mean by "slow".

I recently had a guy complaining his internet connection was slow and how they had just upgraded to 20mb and it made no difference and it was obviously the firewall to blame.

What I eventually managed to get out of him was that what he was trying to do was log in from home with SecureClient and open a 10mb word file from a network share. Apparently "slow" means that it was taking between 30 sec and a min to open...........:banghead::banghead::banghead:
lol i hate 'iain the systems are running slow'
'well what are you doing that is going slower than usual'
'everything'
:(

Cupra
I love how this thread has gone from a guy with an internet problem, to everybody rubbing salt in his wounds.

Ah well, while we are at it... and goes up to 80 this or next month and 120 early next year. :D

583947359.png

'52 clio 1.2 16V
o2 (or BE) give a pretty decent connection

583963122.png

On an 8mb line where we were told about 5mb was the maximum we could expect. Am going to get an IPlate soon and see if its any better.

Audi S3 225
mine was about 0.30 in the evenings and weekends, was meant to be 8mb. Was with sky on the connect package, all customers were throttled at peak times so was soooo slow. Upgraded to the unlimited package and its awesome now!!

M135i
584264583.png

This is my 8mb TalkTalk connection.

24fsnr6 profile FTW :)

these are my router stats if anyone is interested...

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 20154 kbps 1017 kbps
Line Attenuation 14.5 db 4.9 db
Noise Margin 5.7 db 13.5 db

Still got my BRAS cap on too. Should be good when I get it removed :)

Its ace for gaming, no lag what so ever.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
My broadband died totally recently. The alarm installer used 2 of the spare wires in the phone line cable to connect the control panel to the alarm box. the interference from it reduced my (already rubbish connection) from 3MB/s to 3b/s. I couldn't even load the speedtest website.

http://www.speedtest.net

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
My broadband died totally recently. The alarm installer used 2 of the spare wires in the phone line cable to connect the control panel to the alarm box. the interference from it reduced my (already rubbish connection) from 3MB/s to 3b/s. I couldn't even load the speedtest website.

Is it Redcare? I'm sure BT don't allow Redcare and broadband over the same phone line for this exact reason.

Fiesta ST
Had an issue recently with an alarm installer at a customers site. He connected to the NTE however the NTE didn't have a ADSL faceplate and so wasn't being filtered. Had to put a BT ADSL faceplate on and then plug the alarm wires into the filter.

Original problem:

ISP found no issues btw!!

Fiesta ST-2
Im with sky "upto" 10mb and my connection is up and down on the PS3 did the test just 4 times in a row on the laptop and got different readings each time 1mb 3mb 6mb any reason for this? Dodgy router it is getting old i suppose...

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
Is it Redcare? I'm sure BT don't allow Redcare and broadband over the same phone line for this exact reason.

nah it's an ADT monitored alarm so uses the phoneline if it gets set off.

I moved the location of my front door, so had to move the control panel to be near the new front door. The phone socket was inbetween the alarm box and the control panel so instead of putting a new wire to connect the control panel to the alarm box, he used the spare wires in the phone line going from the alarm box to the phone socket.

Basically it saved him 5 minutes work and looked a bit neater. Backfired when he had to come back to rewire it though. He's going to have to come back again because he's screwed up the night setting.

The monitoring is more hassle than it's worth tbh. The monkey who installed it managed to screw up and send an emergency notice to the cops, who turned up and were really irate (understandably). We also had a false alarm when the battery in the smoke alarm (also part of the alarm) died, and the idiots called everyone on our key-holder list except me and the girlfriend. When i called them up to find out what had set off the alarm, they didn't know.

When the contract expires I'm going to change it for one with a simcard that calls me when it goes off instead, at least i don't have to deal with some call-centre r****d.