ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

awsome drive over the tops

clio 172
took my 172 for a random drive last night over the tops and loved it. the car just grips and holds the road so well. ive driven loads of cars but this i love. think ill be holding on to this a while.
anyone have their fave roads for driving on then?

PS 200
My favourite car park over looking my favourite road.

Cairn o Mount road.

P7190196.gif

Approach from other side

009183_10402f9e.jpg

Tav

Clio 197
Cairn o' Mount is good...but there are better locally. A93 for example.

Best road I have ever driven is on the way to the west coast of Scotland. It's beside Dalwhinnie and is called the A86. Basically race track smooth and deserted, wide but with no center line marking. You can see it here on Google Street View: http://tiny.cc/a3vu9

Here it is with the Clio's bottom in view:

rba10.jpg

Here's a link to the most epic drive of my life, 12 hours of bliss.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=448750&highlight=applecross

Clio Dci
Stanhope to Penrith A689 <<< Best road for me, it has everything, Plus Brian Johnson from ACDC gave it a mention on Top Gear :cool:

Suzuki Ignis
Just off Grane Road, leads through to Bolton. This road and Grane Road are good fun as Im sure local people know.

DSC_4923b.jpg

DSC_4929b.jpg

PS 200
Cairn o' Mount is good...but there are better locally. A93 for example.
Hmmm- the A93 is OK but I find it a little "safe" when it's empty - but it's biggest problem is it's just too busy and full of johhny foreigner deciding which side of the road to drive on today :mad: or bellend bikers trying to kill themselves.

Take the piss on the Cairn and you are in big trouble :eek:

Once took a merc over it - was like driving a sofa on casters - most frightening experience of my life - too much speed into the first bend out of the car park and we were almost off the mountain - thank fcuk the verge is quite high at the point I brushed it :D.

Tav

Clio 197
Hmmm- the A93 is OK but I find it a little "safe" when it's empty - but it's biggest problem is it's just too busy and full of johhny foreigner deciding which side of the road to drive on today :mad: or bellend bikers trying to kill themselves.

Take the piss on the Cairn and you are in big trouble :eek:

Once took a merc over it - was like driving a sofa on casters - most frightening experience of my life - too much speed into the first bend out of the car park and we were almost off the mountain - thank fcuk the verge is quite high at the point I brushed it :D.

Best bit for me is when you get to the windy bit in the forest towards Strachan. Lots of little yumps and jumps that keep you on the edge of your seat.

Done it in a big A6 Avant a couple of times, like threading a needle.

A93 safe...that's the last thing I'd call it. It's so open things can get silly. After the ski center it gets nice and twisty, especially another 5 or so miles down the road.