ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AWT inlet manifold group buy

lol, ill ask someone to tidy up all the off-topic posts.

Howie, im looking for 10 ideally to make it worthwhile for everyone.

If not, 5 would suffice.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Can i just say...its worthwhile for ANYONE to get this done, Bens a genious when it comes to gas flow work not mention other stuff.....get ya names down! :eek:)

VW ....

Thread tidied up at Bens request .

Please keep this on topic i.e. whos interested in the group buy Ben is offering .

Please feel free to start another thread if its not regarding the group buy .

Thanks

Suzuki SV650

1. Neil
2. Dave (hip Spasm) Definitely inlet manifold Perhaps SMT6
3. StevieP - Mild inlet work (Need to be done by mid-September as am going away at the end of Sept!)

172 mk2

1. Neil
2. Dave (hip Spasm) Definitely inlet manifold Perhaps SMT6
3. StevieP - Mild inlet work (Need to be done by mid-September as am going away at the end of Sept!)

4. Possibly, still thinking.. Mild inlet work. would also need doing by mid-sep..

Those wanting work done at the beginning of sept is no problem, i will put aside a week for those who want it in a rush. I will also prepare manifolds before you arrive, but i will have to work your plenhams whilst you are there, which only takes a small amount of time.

Focus ST-2

Ben where are you guys based? quite interested in full manifold work, i am from aberdeen so dont know how far a travel it would be?

would the manifold work , void warrenty on just the manifold or the whole car? just had it two months and not really wanting to lose the whole thing.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

cambridge.

takes ben a day to do.

its just work on your one.

its all internal so renault are unlikely to spot the changes.

the changes are subtle but effective....

Andy

on behalf of ben at AWT! (not the same company!) LOL! ;-)

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Exactly what work is involved for the SMT??
Is it a sealed unit?
Is it Renault friendly? (i.e will it be noticable in the engine bay?)

172 mk2

with mild work is it on not to have the ecu work done, cant quite afford 500+ for that

would an Rsport ecu be ok for this (half the price)??

VaVa

Ben, if you do my fanimold, can I have a sticker? lol.

I have a few questions for Andy, but ill PM him tomorrow because Im pissed atm.

But count me in for the mild stuff...

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 18 August 2005
smt is sealed, it can be hidden, its a days work to fit and map.

Does it involve cutting into any wiring?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Yup, it requires Ting into several wires in the ecu for sensor feeds...nothing to worry about.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 18 August 2005Yup, it requires Ting into several wires in the ecu for sensor feeds...nothing to worry about.

That does,nt sound right.
So its a way of Fooling the ecu?
What guarentees have you got that
nothing will go wrong?
Surely cutting into important wires can be tricky business.
Also after this work was done and going back to renault for a service would it still be deemed as safe enough!
Because sometimes when these modifications have been done renault dont want to touch your car with a barge pole!

[Edited by jph172 on 8/18/2005 3:53:04 PM]

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Its been fitted to lots of cars with no issues. It alters the signals that the stock ecu sends to increase fuelling etc.

A Renault numpty wouldnt have a clue it was even there if Andy does a "stealth" install.

Suzuki SV650

With me having a de-cat pipe and an itg panel filter, with this mild inlet work I should be ok with not having a replacement ECU...? As I cant be bothered to get one let along spend money money on one.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by rmccardal on 18 August 2005

A Renault numpty wouldnt have a clue it was even there if Andy does a "stealth" install.
Even if he painted a big red arrow on the engine cover they wouldnt spot it.

"SMT, thats that bmw gearbox init?"

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 18 August 2005Quote: Originally posted by Gary G on 18 August 2005Yup, it requires Ting into several wires in the ecu for sensor feeds...nothing to worry about.

That does,nt sound right.
So its a way of Fooling the ecu?
nothing will go wrong?
Surely cutting into important wires can be tricky business.
Also after this work was done and going back to renault for a service would it still be deemed as safe enough!
Because sometimes when these modifications have been done renault dont want to touch your car with a barge pole!

[Edited by jph172 on 8/18/2005 3:53:04 PM]

piggyback, chap, best way to describe it

and no, the wires arent cut, they are simply tapped into

youd have to be named stevie wonder to mess it up

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

haha.

...my local Renault dealer loves my car ;-) Theyre nothing but helpful even tho i rock up in my stripped out 182 on coilovers with exhaust etc etc.

...actually thinking about it they probably just wanna take it so they can rag it...opps, i mean road test it lol

lol @ fred. I reakon i could fit one by now...only kidding Andy ;-)

Megane225FF

nothing will go wrong? - Ive been running an SMT6 for about 7 months, 8k miles, no problems..

Surely cutting into important wires can be tricky business. - thats why you take it to someone whos done them before and you trust.

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 18 August 2005

With me having a de-cat pipe and an itg panel filter, with this mild inlet work I should be ok with not having a replacement ECU...? As I cant be bothered to get one let along spend money money on one.
i cant gaurantee that im afriad.

The only way you will know would be to check.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

if you need info about the smt, please just call me... its a separate product that we have been using for accuratly mapping the fueling on the clios for over 2 yrs now.

www.perfectpower.com

its all on their..

the smt wont give you more power, anymore than an off the shelf chip, it will however allow without any major hastle allow you get the fueling right for the changes you have made on the engine, for eg... bens manifold work, cams etc etc...

if you dont want it, not a problem.... if you want to get the fueling right then it works.......

A.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

jph172, i dont work for them but ive had work done by them. With select mods my car made 196bhp on the rollers...and it was a hot day. Drivability has improved alot as well!

Im sure doubters will be proved wrong once the guys get some before and after graphs done.

I think the SMT is a fantastic bit of kit.

The threads gone a bit off topic again?! lol

Yes, those who want work only have to email me and say they are in.

So far only 3 people have confirmed and booked in.

172 mk2

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 18 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by StevieP on 18 August 2005

i cant gaurantee that im afriad.

The only way you will know would be to check.
do you do a cheaper chip like the R sport (250ish) that would mean the mild work will be ok?

Sorry, we dont do a plug and play ECU replacement or chip, we havent found any that weve been suitably impressed by.

However, any of the Rsport/grpN things should be able to perform perfectly well with the mild level of work.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Put me down for a mild head job. You let me know roughly what dates are good for you and Ill book a day off work.

Cheers

Rick

Sorry, this is for the inlet manifold, headwork costs between £400 and £600 for typical levels of street/sprint level work.

Is it the manifold or head your interested in, as i can also do a deal for headwork associated with this group buy.