ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B&m shortshifter

TrackCar & F30 330d
175 smackers?

Just type in Clio Quick shift into ebay and buy the one on there for £50 or what ever costs.

Or Buy Freds :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
175 smackers?

Just type in Clio Quick shift into ebay and buy the one on there for £50 or what ever costs.

Or Buy Freds :)

I saw the one on eBay, are they any good though? Doesn't look as well engineered as the B&m one.
I also read on a previous thread that the k-tec wasn't as good?

Pm sent Fred!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Will eventually knacker the box, but i loved mine! Very heavy and direct.

I've heard a lot of people say this.... I can't see why it would though, you're not putting any extra strain on the gearbox, it's just a shorter linkage. Unless you shift like an American, there's no reason why it should do any damage?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol. On you go then! ;)

Nowt to do with the temptation to shift quicker. You physically can't! It's just to reduce the throw. Unfortunately the force is what knackered the mesh.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, it's the fact that with the B&M, you can shift faster. The 'box doesn't like it because you beat the synchro. Crunchtime.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
B&M has metal gear knob, so you won't like it on hot summer days or cold winter days. There is a short shifter conversion kit for Clio, that uses the OEM gear knob. And it has adjustable version, you can adjust shift force (the force to select gears).

Stripped yozza'd cup
B&M has metal gear knob, so you won't like it on hot summer days or cold winter days. There is a short shifter conversion kit for Clio, that uses the OEM gear knob. And it has adjustable version, you can adjust shift force (the force to select gears).

Do you have a link or a brand name or anything matey?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Drop me a PM mate if you are interested, moderator has deleted my messages :mad:

RS RIP
the trick with these is you have to adjust the nut connecting the actual stick to the rest of the linkage looser or tighter, looser in my case . The stick felt way too heavy at first but i overtightened this nut.
Once you have done this the stick goes allll smooothe

Great thing is that you can reach the nut without removing the exhaust-heatshield as Renault have left a small opening for you to get a tool through !!? :approve: (positively surprised i was about this)

Last edited:
  Stripped yozza'd cup
I've been looking at the ktec one, but they only come in blue, black or half black with an anthracite knob and I pretty much hate all of them. The blue is the only possiblity as I guess it will match the blue trim on the inside of my car.

Clio cup 172
mines crunching already so i think putting one of these on will only make my box worse...
3rd gear is a disaster

RS RIP

Yeah some of us on here got this one. I would def go for it as they are on sale , i paid a lot more than the price they ask now
Do'nt expect a world of difference though ! It is a bit shorter shift, but it's just a more precise + less loose shift feel. Klick klick into gear..
If you have money burning in your hand go for it. If not i would save up for some other goody