ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

B14 Bilstein Rear Springs - Custom Springs

clio 172
IMG00060-20110102-1357.jpgIMG00058-20110102-1356.jpg

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem with the Bilstein B14 Coilovers where the ride height at the rear stays nearly standard even on the lowest setting. As per the two pictures I compounded this by stripping out the rear in preparation for making a track day car.

To resolve the problem I contacted Dom at Accustom designs to design and make a shorter spring to fit the Bilstein seatings and allow the car to drop a little / alot further. The result is as per the pictures below

IMG00050-20110212-1541.jpgIMG00053-20110212-1543.jpgIMG00051-20110212-1541.jpg

I am currently letting the springs settle before re-adjustment, but the overall drop is pretty much where I wanted. Overall the springs were £60 and £43 fitting so worth doing.

If anyone is interested I have added the details below.

"designed a spring that should take your adjuster and be 4.5" long unloaded and a poundage of 300lbs per inch movement"

Thought this was worth posting as it could be a common problem ;).

Phil

C

clio-lord

would'nt want my car that low. loose alot of the handling. back should be abit higher than the front

clio 172
Back was higher meaning I had a nose diving effecting into corners; for me and my driving style lowing the rear moves the weight / centre of gravity towards the back of the car and a balanced ride.

I also have 2 degrees of camber on the front which helps. Overall its not that low and sits where it should be to ride correctly for the way I want the car to handle.

Still liking the 'Awesome' comment the best.