ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back from the bodyshop - purists beware!!

Clio 172
Just got my 172 back from the bodyshop. Thought you'd like to see what they've done. I await the backlash from the purists. I'm happy, and that's what counts.

front bumper mesh
carfront.jpg

delocked
delock.jpg

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what have you had done fella apart form the mesh?

got any smaller pics at all?

Clio 172
I'll replace the shots with daytime ones tomorrow. The delocking makes such a difference. As for the mesh - I think the 172 now looks more 'v-va-voom' than 'Nicole'. There were too many lines on the original front, making the car look too busy.

Wheels and interior still to come - hopefully before christmas!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ dont u need at least 1 mechanical means to get into the vehicle to pass an MOT ?

clio-lane said:
There were too many lines on the original front, making the car look too busy.
That's the best thing about the Mk1 172... The mesh hasn't changed the lines at all IMO.

Sort the rear out, get a phase 2 rear bumper.

What wheels are you going for?
Remember 16's for go, 17's for slow ;)

Hang about, isn't the drivers side delocked anyway and the passenger side has the lock? In the picture above, the driver side is shown but I'm sure that is delocked when it comes out of the factory.

Clio 172
Both sides needed delocking. I haven't done the boot so that's my emergency entrance should the central locking fail. I believe you have to have handles but can be without locks for the MOT. Surely Mr Fireman isn't going to be too bothered about finding the right key to get me out, when he's armed with an airjack!!

As for the forthcoming wheels, they'll be 16" OZ Super T's. The calipers will get a lick of red paint too next week. Going to look mint IMO.:cool:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol...Emmm delockin looks ok...Mesh..."as Mike would say, not my kettle of babies!"

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
as already said, de lock looks ace, would have used black/gunmetal mesh.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
i like the de-locking ..... not sure about mesh ... daylight pic needed.

just a query but how much does it cost for the de-locking roughly ??

oh n im jus lovin that 182 de-locked. :rasp:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I like teh de locking but not keen on the mesh, it too boy racer for me! HAve you managed to get those strange stains out of the seats yet?! ;)

C

Cupster

Mesh would look ok if black, prefer the factory look imo. Like the delocks.