ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Clio - Ph1 Track project...

SG9 Forester STi
It has been bloody ages since I've been a regular visitor to this site but I have such good memories from my clio obsession days. After getting rid of both of the ITB'd, NOS'd clios we've owned a few different cars between us:

- Ultra Blue Megane 225
- Liquid Yellow Megane 265 Trophy
- Mazda MX5 Mk 2.5
- Suzuki Ignis Sport
- Ph1 172 - W918 TLF if anyone has it on here nowadays?
- Evo 9 360 by HKS

Now we're left with the current fleet...
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi

- Audi RS6 Avant

- Nissan Cube (because I needed a family car and couldn't stand the thought of having to drive a focus or scenic around everyday!)

We've now got two little girls (3yrs & 5 months) and things are always crazy busy so I figured that Ben needed an outlet. He'd mentioned wanting a track car at some point so I decided to hunt one down and surprise him on his birthday. I booked a track day, told him he was going in his brothers car, waved him off and then raced like crazy to beat him to Brands Hatch for my big ta da moment. Sadly the track day got cancelled due to the snow so I looked like a right plank putting balloons on this 🙈 but nevertheless he seemed happy! 95k so a lot lower mileage than the others I'd come across, although it's far from mint! 194.2bhp on the SM inlet isn't too shabby either :cool:...

There is SO much to be done as sadly the car doesn't seem to have been looked after very well over the last few years (if anyone recognises it or knows anything about it then let me know!)

The plan between us is to just get it back up to a good standard (starting with getting that puckering bonnet sorted, looks like someone's prised it open at some point) and then turning it into a fun little track car.

So far waiting to be fitted are:
- 2 x 6 point Schroth Harnesses
- Full set of new 2118's in white

Also we've got a 6 point Kawasaki green roll cage being fabricated that should be ready for collection in two weeks. Looking forward to getting stuck in to this now and even more excited to drive it once it's all done!

It's good to be back!

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
It has been bloody ages since I've been a regular visitor to this site but I have such good memories from my clio obsession days. After getting rid of both of the ITB'd, NOS'd clios we've owned a few different cars between us:

- Ultra Blue Megane 225
- Liquid Yellow Megane 265 Trophy
- Mazda MX5 Mk 2.5
- Suzuki Ignis Sport
- Ph1 172 - W918 TLF if anyone has it on here nowadays?
- Evo 9 360 by HKS

Now we're left with the current fleet...
- Subaru Impreza WRX STi

- Audi RS6 Avant

- Nissan Cube (because I needed a family car and couldn't stand the thought of having to drive a focus or scenic around everyday!)

We've now got two little girls (3yrs & 5 months) and things are always crazy busy so I figured that Ben needed an outlet. He'd mentioned wanting a track car at some point so I decided to hunt one down and surprise him on his birthday. I booked a track day, told him he was going in his brothers car, waved him off and then raced like crazy to beat him to Brands Hatch for my big ta da moment. Sadly the track day got cancelled due to the snow so I looked like a right plank putting balloons on this 🙈 but nevertheless he seemed happy! 95k so a lot lower mileage than the others I'd come across, although it's far from mint! 194.2bhp on the SM inlet isn't too shabby either :cool:...

There is SO much to be done as sadly the car doesn't seem to have been looked after very well over the last few years (if anyone recognises it or knows anything about it then let me know!)

The plan between us is to just get it back up to a good standard (starting with getting that puckering bonnet sorted, looks like someone's prised it open at some point) and then turning it into a fun little track car.

So far waiting to be fitted are:
- 2 x 6 point Schroth Harnesses
- Full set of new 2118's in white

Also we've got a 6 point Kawasaki green roll cage being fabricated that should be ready for collection in two weeks. Looking forward to getting stuck in to this now and even more excited to drive it once it's all done!

It's good to be back!
Well happy birthday to you.....

3 x 13 racing. 3 x the luck

Nice way to jump back into Clio ownership again, just sorry to hear the track day was cancelled :down: hopefully they will give you another date to focus on and in that time both get the car ready for it etc.

Everything you need to know and more is on here... !

SG9 Forester STi
Well happy birthday to you.....

Ha anyone would have thought it was my birthday present . It was one of those, bought for you but I’ll get to enjoy it too presents.

New set of tyres bought today so we’re stockpiling the parts nicely!

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
Be careful what you what you wish for guys my wife let me buy a race car and now I've had to build her a house.

And the pisser is the race car was started before the house and now the house is finished before the race cars ready

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome back, looks a nice motor. Shame to see another phase 1 fall the the trackday thing but end of the day least she'll be looked after!

SG9 Forester STi
Welcome back, looks a nice motor. Shame to see another phase 1 fall the the trackday thing but end of the day least she'll be looked after!

I thought that too but sadly this car will never be mint. It looks good in the pics but has some severe pin dents in the roof. Loads of bodywork scuffs and sadly it has come to light today that we have rust issues.

Without ££££’s spent on it it’s not going to be anywhere near our standards for a show going car or even a respectably used one.

Yep, even as a track car this will be seeing more attention than it looks like it’s had in years!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I thought that too but sadly this car will never be mint. It looks good in the pics but has some severe pin dents in the roof. Loads of bodywork scuffs and sadly it has come to light today that we have rust issues.

Without ££££’s spent on it it’s not going to be anywhere near our standards for a show going car or even a respectably used one.

Yep, even as a track car this will be seeing more attention than it looks like it’s had in years!

bad times, hopefully fixable though? sills at the rear at a guess that's the normal place they seem to be letting go!

SG9 Forester STi
bad times, hopefully fixable though? sills at the rear at a guess that's the normal place they seem to be letting go!

Fingers crossed! Yep, you got it, rear sills. That was a pleasant surprise as back when I had one rust wasn’t an issue on Clios.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Fingers crossed! Yep, you got it, rear sills. That was a pleasant surprise as back when I had one rust wasn’t an issue on Clios.

the mk2's are just starting to show it now, tbh they've done better than the mk1's think my first one was rusty as hell and had had arches done twice by the time I owned it. That was 13 years ago and the car was barely 11 years old at the time! lol!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
The world needs more girlfriends like you. Not just because it's cars etc but just how thoughtful that was to surprise him like that. Absolutely awesome.

Look forward to seeing it progress.

@Vicky. would you say you’re into cars more than your other Half?or did he get you into cars? I’m intrigued as my mrs has always said that she would love to do stuff with cars, but never really seems bothered by it all either 😂

Hopefully see you at brands in it soon :up: