ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a clio sport 172 cup!

Ricksta93

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, BMW Z4M
After spending a lot of my younger years in clio sports I’ve had a moment of madness and bought myself an unloved clio 172 cup.

My previous 1*2’s have been,
Liquid yellow 182
Black and gold 182
Racing blue 182
Monaco blue 172
No.186 trophy
172 cup
And now another 172 cup 🥹

I didn’t want to sell my last 172 cup I was in the process of building it for track but I had no where to store it and had to let it go. Due to me and my wife buying our first house I had to sell my pride and joy my e86 Z4m coupe. I have such a big love for cars I needed something that wasn’t going to break the bank and I could build over time to the clio I always wanted when I was 20.

Here’s the story, a clio 172 cup was posted breaking for parts. Got in contact with the owner just asking if it was in one piece. He replied and said yes. 18 months ago someone got underneath it, stole the cat, in the process, damaged the door, side skirt, wing and jacking point and it was then left to sit ever since.

The guy had owned it for 9 years and the owner prior to him 10 years. It’s completely bone stock and untouched with just over 77k miles. Bought as a non runner spares or repairs

I got it recovered and so far I have fitted new a brand new battery, new ngk r spark plugs, new crank sensor with modified loom. The car cranks strong but will not fire up. I have spark and after spraying break cleaner in the inlet she fired up for 2 seconds! So I know the engine Isn’t knackered lol. I got my multi meter on the injector plugs where they told me I have 2v, fuel pump plug 5v this seemed very low? After seeking advice I’m told there is a chance there is broken wire some where.

This is how far I’ve got and now going to try and get a mobile auto electrician to help me out!

Will try and post progress as much as I can but here are some recent photos…

Attachments

• IMG_1263.png
    IMG_1263.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1259.jpeg
    IMG_1259.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1257.jpeg
    IMG_1257.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1256.jpeg
    IMG_1256.jpeg
    769.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1300.jpeg
    IMG_1300.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 4F8AB0AB-B6D3-4903-A54B-1316D7D03AD2.jpeg
    4F8AB0AB-B6D3-4903-A54B-1316D7D03AD2.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15

Ricksta93

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, BMW Z4M
Loads of potential that, was it cheap?
To be fair don’t know I’m not bothering sharing what I paid for it cause I plan on not selling this one for a long long time. I’d love to pass it to my son when he’s old enough. Hard negotiation after having a brand new cat on it. I gave £1300 for it and picked it up myself with my mates flat bed

Ricksta93

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup, BMW Z4M
It has had a brand new cat on it, but when I’ve mechanically got it right, I’m going to put a PMS stealth system on it with decat and keep the cat to one side for mot’s