ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back in a Scoob

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just got back from picking this up. I needed something i could put the dog in and take the kids to school in and this fitted the bill.

More details tomorrow !

3831A9A5-A2BC-42CE-B160-2035CE846971_zpscsx6nvhk.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive always proffered the estate versions.
Whats the mpg like are they as bad as everyone makes out.?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice purchase! Once you've owned a scoob u always go back. Such great all round cars

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How much would 350bhp cost in one of these?
A lot!
The gearboxes are only capable of 300-320 if you like driving hard.
If you're wanting 350 and the torque to go with it, an STi 6 speed box will be needed.

My old one had 320bhp and the 5 speed and it was plenty. Went like stink! Lol

Inferno 182
A lot!
If you're wanting 350 and the torque to go with it, an STi 6 speed box will be needed.

That's a bit of a myth to be fair. Andy Forrest mapped my Wag to 350 in 2009 and I only sold it last month. It 's still running strong to this day. Ask him now and he'll tell you 380ish and you're starting to push it. Thats plenty for a road car. If you want to go six speed Sti box, you'll need the shafts, diffs, hubs blah blah... You're looking at a 3grand bill just for the tranny. Then if the box go's £1500 for a replacement. Stick with the 5speed, cost pennies if you're unfortunate enough to blow one. They're very map sensitive tho so I wouldnt go changing intakes or boost pressures n stuff without a check of the map to see if a tweaks required. This is where so many go bang and they get a bad rep for it.

Want to buy a set of snowboard racks for it BTW :smile:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When you say 'a bit of a myth' I asked on scoobynet when I was researching buying mine, and that's what they all told me.
Maybe a bit like this place and cambelts! Lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Nice wagon. A set of gold revos would suit it IMO.....

A lot!

My old one had 320bhp and the 5 speed and it was plenty. Went like stink! Lol
Previous owner of mine told me don't go over 320bhp regardless of what anyone says. I guess driving style comes into it a lot and lets face it, if you're driving a modded Impreza chances are you won't drive like a granny.

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I often think of selling my scoob, it's costing a fortune!

But then I drive it and think nahhhh haha

Mines 320/290 and pulls like a beaut! The smiles per gallon are worth it all day long!

Nice purchase :)

-Dan-

ClioSport Club Member
100% best out the factory, nicest looking and best spec with the strongest engine,

JDM is good but the noise you lose :( I lost the Burble with the equal headers but it made the power which is what I wanted