ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back into a Renault hot hatch...after 18 years!

Clio RS 182
Hi All !

19 years ago, at the tender age of 20, I was fortunate enough to own and run a 1990/G Renault 5 GT Turbo for a year. Brilliant fun & oh how I wish now that I had kept that little car.....

Fast forward 18 years and I find myself behind the wheel of a 2004/04 Renaultsport Clio 182 FF with both Cup packs in Arctic Blue - bought it last week. It's like coming home again! Love it!!!

Found cliosport.net and signed up immediately - forums have been a real help - I've already found some great info & advice from other members. Thanks.

Already ordered bits & have started doing a few things to mine...it's standard (or appears to be) bar a stainless exhaust of unknown make but looks like the original from the back!
...Replaced the cap on the gear knob which had worn away
...Have chucked in some Wynns Petrol and Engine treatments to give it's internals a wash
...Bought some proper Renaultsport carpet mats
...Ordered some touch up for the anthracite wheels
...Got a K-Tec Racing induction kit coming (the only real "mod" I'll do as I want to keep it pretty much standard....ish)
...Will be getting the steering wheel retrimmed early next year
...Front bumper to be resprayed next month - it looks like it's had it done before but done real crap
...Need to sort a spare key out
...It appears to have the ABS ring problem so that will be sorted this month
...x4 new tyres to go on her next month

Hope to share my own ownership experiences etc in the months to come & hope to see some of you out and about/trackday/event or other!?!

Rag

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Good work, the Guides section is worth the membership fee on its own. Welcome :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Welcome aboard mate!

Your story very much the same as mine. Former GT turbo owner from about 20 odd years ago and I now drive an arctic 182.

Where are you located?