ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back once again.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good Evening,

Well Im back on here again as I've finally bought a Renault Sport Clio, I still have my 325d and its still my favourite BUT the Clio is going to become a track project between myself and my Dad so its all about having fun. The car its self is a 2005 Renault Sport Clio 182 with the visual Cup Pack and a few other bits added (not by myself).

I bought the car from the Midlands and its done 68k with a full Renault service history belts done blah blah blah. It's currently bog stock standard inside and out other than a Carbon Cup splitter and engine wise it has a KTR induction kit (which needs repositioning as its behind the headlight FFS) and a Milltek Cat-back exhaust system. The car its self feels great to drive compared to my first Clio (Mk2 ph3 1.2) thought in fairness it was on the floor as some may rightly know and the exhaust brackets could do with replacing as you'll see in the photo below.

As for modifications for track it's going to stay simple until the car needs to be improved to benefit myself, but I will be buying a set of 15" wheels preferably lighter than standard 15's so F1s, Turinis or 2118s (even 2020's). Some decent rubber will be bought as well, thats the single most important bit. I'll also be removing the interior but I'll be keeping the door cards and carpet seeing as we aren't experienced enough to even warrant the extreme weight shed that some people do. As I say once we get to the point where things like the suspension etc needs replacing as it doesn't perform well enough we wont be changing it, though I am lining up some GAZ coilovers for the future.

Now for some pictures of the car its self.

image3.JPG
image2.JPG
image1.JPG

Mike AKA BIFCAIDS

Ph2 Meg 225
Looks well! Behind the headlight is proven to be the best location for the induction kit for air flow and temperatures

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Thanks guys and Knuckles its 256hp 383ft lb plenty quick enough lol.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Welcome back mate! I absolutely loved your previous car. Looking forward to your progress with this one :grinning:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Quick out of the blocks Alex, theres a big update coming this weekend complete with pictures.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Really? Theres a few things wrong with it but I did knock him down on based on those alone and even though it looked great in the photos it was minging when we went down and the bonnet wouldnt open (must have been crazy buying a car without opening the bonnet). He'd also managed to dent the bonnet trying to open it. His Dad was very genuine though said if there was anything serious wrong with the car to call him and he'd pay for it. But like you with yours its at a good home now and yet its becoming a track car its in good hands.

TT QS
Really? Theres a few things wrong with it but I did knock him down on based on those alone and even though it looked great in the photos it was minging when we went down and the bonnet wouldnt open (must have been crazy buying a car without opening the bonnet). He'd also managed to dent the bonnet trying to open it. His Dad was very genuine though said if there was anything serious wrong with the car to call him and he'd pay for it. But like you with yours its at a good home now and yet its becoming a track car its in good hands.

from the advert it ticked all the boxes bar one for me (not being blue lol) solid sounding car, belts done and a few nice extras. and he seemed genuine about the car which is always nice. my mate was speaking to him not me as we were going halfs on the car but it dragged on a while with him working away and what not.
it may not have been perfect but compare to a few i saw on the internet it was a gooden. its a shame alot have fallen into the hands of people that dont look after them as they should. the rb i ended up with needs a bit of work but it was all cosmetic. its a decent car and i only paid £1300 so i was well happy

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
from the advert it ticked all the boxes bar one for me (not being blue lol) solid sounding car, belts done and a few nice extras. and he seemed genuine about the car which is always nice. my mate was speaking to him not me as we were going halfs on the car but it dragged on a while with him working away and what not.
it may not have been perfect but compare to a few i saw on the internet it was a gooden. its a shame alot have fallen into the hands of people that dont look after them as they should. the rb i ended up with needs a bit of work but it was all cosmetic. its a decent car and i only paid £1300 so i was well happy

Yeah same thoughts he was genuine, HPI check threw up some alarm bells as its down as a 1600 LOL. Anyway with taking into account the bonnet not opening and him actually managing to dent it trying to open it we paid £2150. It was missing a piece of trim, gear gator boke, exhaust hangers needed replacing and since owning it we've noticed the drivers side rear shock is fucked. So we ordered new shocks all round, It will all be in the update anyway.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Looks lovely, be a good starting base for a track car :smile:

Everyone always comes back. Always. Everyone. Everytime.
Never own one as a main car again though, without sounding like a snobby c**t its 3rd world compared to my BMW.