ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back seat release

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Hi guys.

The little tab that releases the back seat has broken. The mech still works, but the little tab that holds the seatbelt has snapped off. I managed to get one out of a breaker, but the seat was already ripped so I could remove it easily. How do I get it out of mine to replace without ripping the seat?

This is the part I'm on about:

DSC01051.jpg

Any ideas? Or brute force?
Cheers!

N/A Currently
Also need to know this!

Hoping I can pull the old part off, and a new peice can go round the button?

i was told that you need to strip the upholstery to get at it properly but someone posted recently to say that they'd managed to break it up without doing that, and that the new one just slides down and locks into place. personally, would look at stripping the seat first, but don't know how you go about that

i was told that you need to strip the upholstery to get at it properly but someone posted recently to say that they'd managed to break it up without doing that, and that the new one just slides down and locks into place. personally, would look at stripping the seat first, but don't know how you go about that

There are zips all the way around the seat covers. Undo, take off, voila.

Need to replace mine, broke it ages ago, got a replacement, most of the time my seats arent in the car so just never got round to doing it!!

Jamie

i did, but binned it. they're £20 each btw

think it was quoted in a recent thread; couple of weeks ago; was started by either Inferno or fubar