ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BACK TO BLACK

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

whats the best stuff to use to get side strips etc on a williams back to there shining black best??? i have used back to black before but didnt think it helped much????? any suggestions???

Skoda Fabia vRS

£5.99 a bottle, lasts ages

i use it as well and its by far the best, a lot better than back to black sprays

Mazda MX5 1.8

ive put vinyl and rubber care on the black bits b4! its fine inside but tends to go streaky outside (was free so im not bothered) looks alright with a bit of hard work

just using it until i can get it colour coded

Mix 1/8 cricket bat oil (gone a blank on what its called)

7/8 White spirits then put it on with a cloth. When it has dried of / evaporated do it again if need be. Sometimes took 5 attempts before the plastic strips were realy clean.

EDD

use baby oil (seriously)

stays black for ages, and makes cleaning them much easier

and yes, its called linseed oil, got about 3 bottles in the house

Clio 182 (05)

I use that Williams (cough cough) silicon based gel from (evil) Halfords. Comes in a silver plastic bottle. It seems to restore the black colour to the trim rather than polishing over the top of the faded plastic.

Punto/Clio GTT

easy people. if your lookin at painting any part of your nice little clio in the near future i highly recommend you STAY AWAY from back to black and ANYTHING which contains silicon. it will f*ck up the prep n paint.

FM